News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

TWG CXXI: True Love Game Thread

Started by Oricorio, March 07, 2024, 06:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 09, 2024, 04:57:33 PMOk, someone's gonna have to change their vote, cause a three way KitB is not a good outcome. We need to have control over this situation.

I still have my vote
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

BlackDragonSlayer

I'm trying to put together another reads list but I feel like things are all over the place at this point. In terms of lover pairs, I think my suspicions are (in order from most suspicious to least suspicious):
- Specs/Toby
- BDS/TZP (relying entirely on TZP there)
- THC/Nakah
- MSF/Raeko (relying mostly on Raeko there)

It's surprisingly difficult to get a good grip on individual people post-lover reveal (since all cards are on the table in that regard, wolves can be a lot more covert about defending the other wolf's lover since we're thinking in terms of lynch pairs rather than individual lynches), which is part of the reason I was hesitant to do a reveal in the first place (though I do think the reveal itself gave us better insight on how people were acting pre-reveal).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 09, 2024, 05:02:08 PMMSF/Raeko (relying mostly on Raeko there)
What I mean by this is that Raeko is the more suspicious of the two. I think MSF generally checks out as a human-seeming player.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mastersuperfan

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 09, 2024, 04:38:23 PMOut of curiosity, why do you feel that about me/TZP but not Specs/Toby, who it seems to me (and least upon first glance) have been significantly less involved in the "main action" of this phase?
at this point, I don't think I do anymore. Toby and Specs were a hotter topic near the beginning of the round, but not as much since and they haven't popped in as much at this point.

right now I think I'm leaning either you/TZP or Toby/Specs rather than THC/Nakah. if anyone else would like to change their vote, 'twould be nice to know...

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 09, 2024, 04:38:23 PMWasn't I the first person to (at least, publicly) direct suspicion toward THC, though? As well as pointing out the seeming Raeko/Nakah mindmeld (and pointing suspicion toward Nakah)?
fair on the THC point, I do think that was warranted. I kind of think the raeko/Nakah mindmeld was kind of a trivial thing to fixate on, I have a pretty hard time believing it was a genuine wolfslip and not a coincidence. but it's probably happened before
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

TheZeldaPianist275

I'm confused why people (BDS) disagree with my Toby human read. Toby going for a reaction test on his partner is certainly something he could do as a wolf, but I don't think that's how Toby usually plays at all. Can someone explain what the "weirdness" is here?

I think I'm going to keep my vote on Raeko. THC has slightly edged out MSF for me in terms of human reads; I'd rather keep him and Nakah around for longer. I don't care for the 3-way KitB, though--I'd consider changing my vote to BDS and just taking the L if that situation persists through the end of the phase.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 09, 2024, 05:15:57 PMright now I think I'm leaning either you/TZP or Toby/Specs rather than THC/Nakah. if anyone else would like to change their vote, 'twould be nice to know...
Given we have 40-ish minutes toward the end of the phase, I think it'd be helpful to know which of those two pairs you're more likely to vote for, so we don't have any super last-minute vote shuffling attempts.

QuoteI kind of think the raeko/Nakah mindmeld was kind of a trivial thing to fixate on, I have a pretty hard time believing it was a genuine wolfslip and not a coincidence. but it's probably happened before
In hindsight, I agree with you, but at the time it was a weird sorta ??? moment.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 09, 2024, 05:21:40 PMI'm confused why people (BDS) disagree with my Toby human read. Toby going for a reaction test on his partner is certainly something he could do as a wolf, but I don't think that's how Toby usually plays at all. Can someone explain what the "weirdness" is here?
It's weird to me that's enough to make Toby your most human read. And, again, I don't feel like such a play would be out of the ordinary for most anybody in a game like this. It'd make sense to make a weak push early to distract from the possibility of strong push later (using the evidence of reactions during the weak push to fight against the strong push).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 09, 2024, 04:49:23 PMthen which do you think is more likely, me and Nakah wolves or raeko and THC wolves?

Frankly I'm not sure. I think I gravitate towards raeko-THC wolves.

The opposing reactions to Toby's vote could have been an attempt to distance.

Regarding me being surprised at the lack of reactions towards Toby's vote on me, I was more referring to people agreeing with it, especially being so early.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 09, 2024, 05:23:51 PMIt's weird to me that's enough to make Toby your most human read. And, again, I don't feel like such a play would be out of the ordinary for most anybody in a game like this. It'd make sense to make a weak push early to distract from the possibility of strong push later (using the evidence of reactions during the weak push to fight against the strong push).

But I guess what I'm asking is who, from my perspective, do you think should be more human than him? I'm going off of playing several games with Toby recently, where he is very reserved as a human, especially early on, and only tends to make bold moves to prompt reactions from people--remember his prodding of me, A#, and Poet near the end of the tic-tac-toe game? That's what's in my mind; I think it's a demonstration that he's in the mindset of a human, scoping for information rather than coasting under the radar.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 09, 2024, 05:21:56 PMGiven we have 40-ish minutes toward the end of the phase, I think it'd be helpful to know which of those two pairs you're more likely to vote for, so we don't have any super last-minute vote shuffling attempts.
Agree with this. There have been an absurd number of games recently where, like, 50% of the final votes cast are in the last five minutes (not innocent in that regard lol).

mastersuperfan

Oricorio

Nakah: 1 (Raeko)
Raeko: 2 (TheZeldaPianist275, SpecsFlyer17)
BlackDragonSlayer: 2 (Nakah, Toby)
SpecsFlyer17: 3 (BlackDragonSlayer, ThatHiddenCharacter, mastersuperfan)

25 minutes!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 09, 2024, 05:31:36 PMBut I guess what I'm asking is who, from my perspective, do you think should be more human than him? I'm going off of playing several games with Toby recently, where he is very reserved as a human, especially early on, and only tends to make bold moves to prompt reactions from people--remember his prodding of me, A#, and Poet near the end of the tic-tac-toe game? That's what's in my mind; I think it's a demonstration that he's in the mindset of a human, scoping for information rather than coasting under the radar.
The vanilla answer would be "MSF" given that he was the second most human on your list. I don't necessary agree that human Toby makes bold moves just to prompt reactions from people, and personally I feel like Toby in general is a player who typically seems pretty human to the point where you kinda start to wonder if it's too good to be true. I myself haven't gotten the same vibe from Toby's actions and have felt pretty neutral on him for most of the game up until recently.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Agree to disagree. I'm gonna change my vote to BDS--I can't shake the feeling that these responses are not genuine, and I'd rather both you and me die than Toby and Specs.

Oricorio

Nakah: 1 (Raeko)
Raeko: 1 (SpecsFlyer17)
BlackDragonSlayer: 3 (Nakah, Toby, TheZeldaPianist275)
SpecsFlyer17: 3 (BlackDragonSlayer, ThatHiddenCharacter, mastersuperfan)