News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

[NES] Batman: The Video Game - "Game Over" by Yug Guy

Started by Zeta, March 11, 2024, 05:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Batman: The Video Game
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Game Over
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

Yug_Guy

This thread will now be used to talk about controversial Batman opinions. I'm sure the updaters will love it!

Here's the link to the transcription I did of this song that I used as a reference: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/8il4m8i78sy93etlz9id1/h?rlkey=fst5xueox2cwb2lr0y7qyp4jc&dl=0

Bloop

This looks very nice, notes all look good! Just two things I wanted to mention:

-The game title and arranger text look like they're a bit far from the song title and composer text, maybe you could raise them a bit?
-Optionally, you could try imitating the drums with the bass pattern into something like this:
You cannot view this attachment.
So pretty much using the bass notes an octave lower than the original for bass drums, and fill the empty spaces where the snare hits are with a C an octave above. If you prefer keeping it true to the original square and triangle waves parts that's alright too though ^^

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Bloop on March 16, 2024, 03:23:55 AMThis looks very nice, notes all look good!

Quote from: Bloop on March 16, 2024, 03:23:55 AM-The game title and arranger text look like they're a bit far from the song title and composer text, maybe you could raise them a bit?
Let me know if that's any better

Quote from: Bloop on March 16, 2024, 03:23:55 AM-Optionally, you could try imitating the drums with the bass pattern into something like this:
You cannot view this attachment.
So pretty much using the bass notes an octave lower than the original for bass drums, and fill the empty spaces where the snare hits are with a C an octave above.
I thought about it, but I don't think I'm going to do this. I had thought about putting in a con pedale to match the reverb on the melody and alleviate some of the same issues you're getting at, but it didn't sound good when I tried it.

Bloop

Quote from: Yug_Guy on March 16, 2024, 10:55:27 AMLet me know if that's any better
It still looks kinda far apart: maybe compare with some of the screenshots in the formatting guidelines. I won't hold up my approval over it though :p

Quote from: Yug_Guy on March 16, 2024, 10:55:27 AMI thought about it, but I don't think I'm going to do this. I had thought about putting in a con pedale to match the reverb on the melody and alleviate some of the same issues you're getting at, but it didn't sound good when I tried it.
That's alright! Tbh I don't mind the pedal either haha, but I'll approve either way ^^

Latios212

Quote from: Yug_Guy on March 11, 2024, 06:01:57 PMThis thread will now be used to talk about controversial Batman opinions. I'm sure the updaters will love it!
I have none to offer

Notes look good, nothing to add there! Before I accept, if you wouldn't mind, I'd suggest giving this topic a read and update this sheet (and whatever template you use) accordingly: [Text alignment and page margins]. Basically, the margins are a bit lopsided. Sorry to be nitpicky, but I think this should be a simple thing to clean up once and not worry about for future sheets too :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Latios212

Aaaa sorry I had forgotten to point out the https :') sorry! I can update that for you if it's too much trouble

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot