News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[MUL] Mega Man 11 - "Fuse Man Stage" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, March 18, 2024, 05:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man 11
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Fuse Man Stage
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

LeviR.star

"synth bad, chiptune good" - Mega Man fans

This is the last numbered game in the main series to be represented on-site, and I choose this track not only out of nostalgia for the reveal trailer, but also because I just think it's a good song. A couple things about this one:

- I couldn't always hear the bass super easily, so I had to utilize some guesswork here and there. From m. 9 - 16, I devised my own bassline with alternating octaves in order to complement the percussion
- beat 4.5 of the last measure is supposed to tie back into the beginning via the repeat, but I had trouble implementing this so for now there's an audible re-strike
- unlike Mega Man 9 & 10, which had special titles for its stage themes like "Thunder Tornado" or "Solar Inferno", 11 doesn't have anything like that for its OST, so this will just be called "Fuse Man Stage". Since this is consistent with the first eight games' soundtracks, that's good enough for me
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bloop

This looks really decent, I don't have much to say!

-m2, 4 and 6: Did you leave some of the bass notes as single notes so they're more playable, or less accentuated? For the first one I think it's fine to leave them as octaves too, but for the second one maybe you could move the single notes down an octave, as that is a little bit easier to play for the L.H. (since you're able to use other fingers than the thumb)
-There's a bass drum hit in m12 and 16 on beat 1.5, which you could imitate in the L.H.
-m17 and 19: You could shrink the size of the 8th rest on beat 1 too if you want. The tie at the end of m16 should be flipped (it is flipped coming into m17 already), as well as the tie at the end of m18

LeviR.star

Quote from: Bloop on March 30, 2024, 10:57:49 AMThis looks really decent, I don't have much to say!

I strive for the decent-est sheets around :P

Quote from: Bloop on March 30, 2024, 10:57:49 AM-m2, 4 and 6: Did you leave some of the bass notes as single notes so they're more playable, or less accentuated? For the first one I think it's fine to leave them as octaves too, but for the second one maybe you could move the single notes down an octave, as that is a little bit easier to play for the L.H. (since you're able to use other fingers than the thumb)
-There's a bass drum hit in m12 and 16 on beat 1.5, which you could imitate in the L.H.
-m17 and 19: You could shrink the size of the 8th rest on beat 1 too if you want. The tie at the end of m16 should be flipped (it is flipped coming into m17 already), as well as the tie at the end of m18

- less accentuated. The first time around, I didn't even hear those notes because of the way the music is mixed, and thus decided I needed a way to indicate they're quieter than the notes surrounding them. So with that in mind, what should I change about them? And which notes in specific?
- good idea, how's that?
- I feel dumb for not noticing how big those 8th rests were in comparison. Thank you for pointing it out, ties are also fixed

Let me know what you think for the first point; files are updated in the meantime.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bloop

Quote from: LeviR.star on March 31, 2024, 04:20:46 AM- less accentuated. The first time around, I didn't even hear those notes because of the way the music is mixed, and thus decided I needed a way to indicate they're quieter than the notes surrounding them. So with that in mind, what should I change about them? And which notes in specific?
You could move any single notes in m2 (a C), 4 (another C) and 6 (D and C) down an octave, so the L.H. can use the 3rd to 5th finger to play those notes. That is, if you don't mind them sounding lower. They're still less accentuated that way ^^
Everything else looks good!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Bloop on March 31, 2024, 10:31:00 AMYou could move any single notes in m2 (a C), 4 (another C) and 6 (D and C) down an octave, so the L.H. can use the 3rd to 5th finger to play those notes. That is, if you don't mind them sounding lower. They're still less accentuated that way ^^

Alrighty, got that fixed then. Thank you for the feedback, Bloop!

Bloop

Latios212

Nice work, especially making the bassline palatable! Not much to add from me.

- In m. 4 beat 3, I think I hear the bass restrike the Bb (if you agree, just restrike the lower one?)
- How about moving the staccatos on top of the small notes in m. 17/19?
- The low bass figure in m. 25 seems like it might be tricky to transfer into m. 25 from. If you lowered it to give the RH more space though, no problem I suppose
- m. 26/34 beat 3.5 LH sounds like F instead of G
- Conversely, I think m. 41 beat 3.5 LH sounds like a C instead?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on April 08, 2024, 04:10:29 PM- In m. 4 beat 3, I think I hear the bass restrike the Bb (if you agree, just restrike the lower one?)
- How about moving the staccatos on top of the small notes in m. 17/19?
- The low bass figure in m. 25 seems like it might be tricky to transfer into m. 25 from. If you lowered it to give the RH more space though, no problem I suppose
- m. 26/34 beat 3.5 LH sounds like F instead of G
- Conversely, I think m. 41 beat 3.5 LH sounds like a C instead?

- upon listening to it again, I hear it. Fixed
- yep, I can do that
- could you clarify, please? Do you mean the low bass notes in the second half of m. 24? I don't recall if I transcribed them that low intentionally or bumped them down to make room for the RH pattern, but if I were to change beat 4 of the RH to just a quarter note C, how would you like the LH written in that measure?
- yeah you're right, fixed it
- did you mean to say that m. 41 beat 3.5 LH sounds like a G instead of an F? Because I'm listening to it again and it still sounds like an F to me

Files are updated for now, let me know what you think.

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on April 08, 2024, 04:10:29 PM- The low bass figure in m. 25 seems like it might be tricky to transfer into m. 25 from. If you lowered it to give the RH more space though, no problem I suppose
Quote from: LeviR.star on April 09, 2024, 03:48:01 PM- could you clarify, please? Do you mean the low bass notes in the second half of m. 24? I don't recall if I transcribed them that low intentionally or bumped them down to make room for the RH pattern, but if I were to change beat 4 of the RH to just a quarter note C, how would you like the LH written in that measure?
Sorry I typo'd, yeah I was referring to how low the left hand gets at the end of m. 24. I was thinking raising it by an octave starting with beat 2 would make it easier to move to the pattern in m. 25. You could omit beat 4.5 in the RH if you like although upon looking closer it doesn't really get in the way with the LH even if the LH is raised an octave. I'll leave it up to you to decide what you prefer!

Quote from: Latios212 on April 08, 2024, 04:10:29 PM- Conversely, I think m. 41 beat 3.5 LH sounds like a C instead?
Quote from: LeviR.star on April 09, 2024, 03:48:01 PM- did you mean to say that m. 41 beat 3.5 LH sounds like a G instead of an F? Because I'm listening to it again and it still sounds like an F to me
That one wasn't a typo, I think I hear the bass playing the same C as it does on beat 4.5 of m. 41. Though honestly it's really hard to tell without pitching it up an octave and even then I'm not 100% sure. If you think the F octave is right, I'm fine with that since it fits musically anyway.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on April 09, 2024, 07:52:12 PM- Sorry I typo'd, yeah I was referring to how low the left hand gets at the end of m. 24. I was thinking raising it by an octave starting with beat 2 would make it easier to move to the pattern in m. 25. You could omit beat 4.5 in the RH if you like although upon looking closer it doesn't really get in the way with the LH even if the LH is raised an octave. I'll leave it up to you to decide what you prefer!
- That one wasn't a typo, I think I hear the bass playing the same C as it does on beat 4.5 of m. 41. Though honestly it's really hard to tell without pitching it up an octave and even then I'm not 100% sure. If you think the F octave is right, I'm fine with that since it fits musically anyway.

- How about I do this: I'll bump the LH up the octave, and change RH's beat 4 to a quarter note, because due to the abundance of effects overlapping and the fadeout, it's anyone's guess as to what's going on in that beat. I also think it will make the transition into the next measure easier for that hand
- you're not wrong about it being really hard to tell, even with the octave shift. If you don't mind, I'll just go with F because it's the closest thing I can hear, and it fits musically like you said

Files are updated, thank you Latios!

Latios212

Alrighty, you're welcome! Looks good, I shall accept :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot