News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[ARCADE] Tekken 2 - "Fighter Select" (Replacement) by Fantastic Ike

Started by Zeta, March 19, 2024, 12:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Tekken 2
Console: Arcade
Title: Fighter Select
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Fantastic Ike

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

Fantastic Ike

Nice simple replacement sheet. Was debating about the 8vb line though. Normally you'd write something like "LH octave lower than written" but I think it's a short enough tune where people won't be confused either way. Thoughts?

Kricketune54

If you want to, I don't think you have to all caps the title lol. More recent soundtrack release had this lower case https://vgmdb.net/album/97436. I think according to this album Yoshie Arakawa is the sole composer. https://vgmdb.net/album/582
• You could do an 8vb and similar indication (see pic for example of what to do, can just hide the 8vb currently present so the effect carries on playback)- would look slightly cleaner but not earth shattering so you could leave as is if you want.

Fantastic Ike

No worries. I think I'd prefer to keep the 8vb honestly, but will change if needed. Updated.

Kricketune54

Fantastic Ike

Latios212

Nice work! I think the 8vb works perfectly fine here and I think the clarity is good. One thing I'd suggest is spacing out your systems a little bit more so there's a bit more space between the 8vb line and the next system (so it doesn't get confused for an 8va line above the right hand).

Other than that:
- I think the tempo is closer to q=127.
- I'd suggest getting rid of the top whole notes in m. 5-8. They don't really contribute anything since in m. 5/7 it's an overlap and in m. 6-8 it's awkward to immediately restrike it on beat 1.25. (If you do, make sure the whole notes are properly aligned under the eighth note in m. 5/7.)

Great work!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Fantastic Ike

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Fantastic Ike

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot