Game: Octopath Traveler
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Enveloped in Kindness
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Also known as the "ending of every side quest" song lol

In all seriousness, this piece is really nice, thank you for arranging it, and for continuing on with Octopath Traveler.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Thanks Levi! After the game came out, I really wanted to see every track arranged, but I moved onto other things over time. I was browsing my backlog and thought that this relatively short and sweet piece would be a nice one to include for our milestone update without giving the updaters a headache :P I hope to trickle more Octopath sheets through subs when I have a chance!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

-m1: Maybe you can put the L.H. A on beat 3 in the R.H. instead? The R.H. should still be in that similar position from beat 1. You could then also extend the wavy line into the R.H.
-m2: There's a (soft) A in the L.H. on beat 4.5
-m4: Maybe add wavy line on beat 4 in the L.H.? I also hear a G on beat 4.5
-m6: I hear another F# on top of the C# in beat 3, and hear a D on beat 4.5 instead of an A
-m17: I hear the F# in the L.H. on beat 2.5 instead of beat 2. Weirdly the Bb in the R.H. should be an A# once it becomes F# major to Bm, but Bb looks more logical for the Ehalfdim chord before... You could see the G and D as resolving to F# and C# for F#7, but I'll leave it up to you what you want haha
-m19: I hear the guitar go back to E on beat 2.5 instead of up to D. The resolution to C# is probably best left for the R.H. too, so the D doesn't ring on from before. There's an A in the guitar just before beat 3 too, so maybe you could make this an arpeggiated wavy line A in the L.H. to C# in the R.H., or something like that?
m21: All instruments fade away quickly at beat 3, so maybe you could make this a half note + half rest?

Latios212

Quote from: Bloop on April 01, 2024, 09:50:08 AM-m1: Maybe you can put the L.H. A on beat 3 in the R.H. instead? The R.H. should still be in that similar position from beat 1. You could then also extend the wavy line into the R.H.
I could, but I think I have a slight preference for it as written so the right hand isn't obligated to do a bit of stretching (keeping the same position with thumb on A and playing the melody G-A with 4 and 5). By contrast, the left hand is pretty unbusy and has to similarly hit this ninth in m. 3 where the right hand moves upwards.

Quote from: Bloop on April 01, 2024, 09:50:08 AM-m2: There's a (soft) A in the L.H. on beat 4.5
-m4: Maybe add wavy line on beat 4 in the L.H.? I also hear a G on beat 4.5
Ah yes! Updated

Quote from: Bloop on April 01, 2024, 09:50:08 AM-m6: I hear another F# on top of the C# in beat 3, and hear a D on beat 4.5 instead of an A
I hear the F# on beat 4, if that's what you meant. Beat 4 I still hear A though

Quote from: Bloop on April 01, 2024, 09:50:08 AM-m17: I hear the F# in the L.H. on beat 2.5 instead of beat 2. Weirdly the Bb in the R.H. should be an A# once it becomes F# major to Bm, but Bb looks more logical for the Ehalfdim chord before... You could see the G and D as resolving to F# and C# for F#7, but I'll leave it up to you what you want haha
I still hear the F# strike on beat 2, I think. I think the Bb is the most straightforward to read here to make a logical stack of thirds on beat 1 and not change the enharmonic spelling on beat 2 - and I think the F#-Bb-G on beat 2 isn't likely to cause any misreads!

Quote from: Bloop on April 01, 2024, 09:50:08 AM-m19: I hear the guitar go back to E on beat 2.5 instead of up to D. The resolution to C# is probably best left for the R.H. too, so the D doesn't ring on from before. There's an A in the guitar just before beat 3 too, so maybe you could make this an arpeggiated wavy line A in the L.H. to C# in the R.H., or something like that?
Interesting, maybe it was just the sustained D impressioning on me when the guitar is rather quiet on beat 2.5. In any case, what you said makes sense! I think rolling starting from the E on beat 3 sounds best there.

Quote from: Bloop on April 01, 2024, 09:50:08 AMm21: All instruments fade away quickly at beat 3, so maybe you could make this a half note + half rest?
Yep!

Thanks for the check, files updated! :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on April 03, 2024, 05:57:55 PMI hear the F# on beat 4, if that's what you meant. Beat 4 I still hear A though
Oh yeah, beat 4 instead of 3, my bad! I do think I hear the A on beat 4.5, but it's kinda weird, I think the attack of the plectrum hitting the guitar makes it sound like a lower D at first, or the sound of the sound of the D, A and F# ringing on automatically filling in a nonexistent lower D because they're all harmonics of that D.

Quote from: Latios212 on April 03, 2024, 05:57:55 PMI still hear the F# strike on beat 2, I think.
Ah I think the F# I'm hearing is in the guitar, which is just befrore beat 2 in a rolled chord as well as beat 2.5. Now that I listen to the bar again I'm hearing some more guitar stuff in beat 3.5-4.5, but I'm assuming you wanted to focus on the strings in this bar? Everything else looks good though, so I'll approve either way whether you wanna keep this bar as is or not ^^

Kricketune54

• Old tempo marking font for BPM value and notehead
• m2 LH 4.0 you probably could make the An the F# like in the original?
• m4 RH 3.0 I hear this separated enough between the grace note sliding up to the En that the En starts as a separate 16th length En on beat 2.75, and that the Dn on current 2.5 is a 16th note as well (keeping beat's 3-4 the same). I think you could keep the grace note D# but apply to new 2.75?
• m18 non melody notes 3.0 hearing this rolled as well

Pretty minor stuff though, solid sheet

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kricketune54

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Kricketune54.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot