Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man Zero 3
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Cannon Ball
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Olimar12345

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bloop

Looking good! I can see why you gave a tempo mark a bit slower than the original, though it's not impossible at the original tempo. As long as the original tempo is there though, I don't mind ^^

Mostly some suggestions, notes all look good!
-If you want, you could add a grace note a semitone below the top note in places like m4 beat 3 (R.H.) to imitate the guitar slide.
-For the first 10 measures, you could also do the repeats as playing the first four bars 3 times, and then just writing out the fourth time as normal. Might be a bit easier to follow then a normal repeat and then a first+second ending repeat, and it saves a little bit of space too.
-m27: The courtesy natural on the F isn't necessary here anymore, it's been a while since there's been an F#.
-m31-34: There are probably countless ways to approach the rhythm section here in the L.H., but maybe you could add the D-G# on m32 beat 1, and a low E bass note on m34 beat 3, to fill up a bit of empty space?
-m37-52: The L.H. part feels a bit crampy to play (especially at the original tempo), I think mostly because of the added third in the L.H. chords. I don't think it's necessarily being played by the guitar anyway, so maybe you could leave those out? I think the fortissimo dynamic + the extra chord tones in the R.H. are enough to spice up this part in comparison to others.

Olimar12345

Hi Bloop! Thanks for looking at this one.

So some of my comments are going to have a similar theme here which is: the tempo (whichever is chosen) IS the challenge with this piece. When things seem overly simple, its because the challenge doesn't come from the possibility to play the notes and rhythms, but to do so at a very quick tempo.

Quote from: Bloop on May 02, 2024, 03:44:15 AM-If you want, you could add a grace note a semitone below the top note in places like m4 beat 3 (R.H.) to imitate the guitar slide.
I intentionally left this out because it was awkward to play at tempo and that measure currently serves as a point of rest from the three that precede it.

Quote from: Bloop on May 02, 2024, 03:44:15 AM-For the first 10 measures, you could also do the repeats as playing the first four bars 3 times, and then just writing out the fourth time as normal. Might be a bit easier to follow then a normal repeat and then a first+second ending repeat, and it saves a little bit of space too.
More-or-less the same idea, yeah. I thought what I had would be simpler to follow, and since there are other repeats I thought it would be less to think about if they all repeated only one additional time. I'm not strapped for space at all, so saving that little bit won't matter in the long run.

Quote from: Bloop on May 02, 2024, 03:44:15 AM-m27: The courtesy natural on the F isn't necessary here anymore, it's been a while since there's been an F#.
Thank you, I've removed it.

Quote from: Bloop on May 02, 2024, 03:44:15 AM-m31-34: There are probably countless ways to approach the rhythm section here in the L.H., but maybe you could add the D-G# on m32 beat 1, and a low E bass note on m34 beat 3, to fill up a bit of empty space?
The space was intentional, again because of the speed/playability thing.

Quote from: Bloop on May 02, 2024, 03:44:15 AM-m37-52: The L.H. part feels a bit crampy to play (especially at the original tempo), I think mostly because of the added third in the L.H. chords. I don't think it's necessarily being played by the guitar anyway, so maybe you could leave those out? I think the fortissimo dynamic + the extra chord tones in the R.H. are enough to spice up this part in comparison to others.
Honestly, when I play it with and without the third I don't notice a difference in cramping. I even get the same soreness when playing the octaves with no held notes in the middle. The wrist-rolling is going to cramp no matter what's in the middle, I think.

Files updated!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bloop

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 02, 2024, 03:58:56 PMSo some of my comments are going to have a similar theme here which is: the tempo (whichever is chosen) IS the challenge with this piece. When things seem overly simple, its because the challenge doesn't come from the possibility to play the notes and rhythms, but to do so at a very quick tempo.
I was aware of that! I always playtest my own suggestions too to see if they're possible at a quick tempo (I tried it at the original tempo). But that's why I left them as suggestions, just a different point of view ^^

It seems the files are still the original files, but since the only net change is that courtesy accidental, I'll leave an approval pending that!

Olimar12345

Kricketune54

• I think Inti Creates should be listed in credits given they were developer "Inti Creates, Capcom"
• What is the reason to credit Ippo Yamada as the composer? Wiki lists 4 composers for this game and I didn't come across anything that singled out Ippo for the track
• m22 LH hearing beat 4 as a Gn
• Similarly hearing m30 LH 3.0 as Gn
• m44 RH hearing An not G#
• m52 RH hearing En on bottom not G#

Olimar12345

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 20, 2024, 09:49:15 AM• I think Inti Creates should be listed in credits given they were developer "Inti Creates, Capcom"
Ok sure, I'll add them too.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 20, 2024, 09:49:15 AM• What is the reason to credit Ippo Yamada as the composer? Wiki lists 4 composers for this game and I didn't come across anything that singled out Ippo for the track
https://vgmdb.net/album/61604
https://vgmdb.net/album/95719
Yamada is listed three times as the sole composer.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 20, 2024, 09:49:15 AM• m22 LH hearing beat 4 as a Gn
• m44 RH hearing An not G#
• m52 RH hearing En on bottom not G#
-fixed
-fixed
-fixed
-fixed

Files updated.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 20, 2024, 09:49:15 AM• m22 LH hearing beat 4 as a Gn

Oh wait, I forgot these two were intentional. It's easier to play the chromatic pitch than to repeat the note at that speed (which is why I had those). I'd like to revert that before it's added to the site pls.

Olimar12345

Kricketune54

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 20, 2024, 02:59:57 PMhttps://vgmdb.net/album/61604
https://vgmdb.net/album/95719
Yamada is listed three times as the sole composer.
Ah thank you, I must not have refined my search well enough using vgmdb

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 20, 2024, 02:59:57 PMOh wait, I forgot these two were intentional. It's easier to play the chromatic pitch than to repeat the note at that speed (which is why I had those). I'd like to revert that before it's added to the site pls.

While I'm usually a fan of playing what's in the original if it's not that difficult, I'll let it go on the reasoning. Cannon Ball is accepterino'ed

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Kricketune54.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot