News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Macho Grubba Battle" by Static

Started by Zeta, May 06, 2024, 07:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Paper Mario
Game: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Macho Grubba Battle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

Static

Some parts I intentionally adjusted the octaves of since I thought it sounded better or was easier to play

Bloop

This is looking very good! Just a few tiny things I noticed:

-The bass + drums part starting in m5 is on the difficult side of things, but should be doable: if you want though, you could leave out the E on beat 4.25 so it's a little bit easier to play that ending part.
-m21: You could add grace notes A# and B before the R.H. C here too

Static

Quote from: Bloop on May 22, 2024, 10:57:28 AM-The bass + drums part starting in m5 is on the difficult side of things, but should be doable: if you want though, you could leave out the E on beat 4.25 so it's a little bit easier to play that ending part.
I'll just leave it, so that way the performer can decide whether or not to leave it out.

Quote from: Bloop on May 22, 2024, 10:57:28 AM-m21: You could add grace notes A# and B before the R.H. C here too
I removed these (and the last few notes in m20) so that it would be easier to jump from m20 to 21, but if you think it wouldn't be too demanding I can add them. I left it for now though.

Thanks for checking!

Bloop

Quote from: Static on May 25, 2024, 12:54:43 PMI removed these (and the last few notes in m20) so that it would be easier to jump from m20 to 21, but if you think it wouldn't be too demanding I can add them. I left it for now though.
I think it's fine, you already left some space for the player to jump up in m20, getting the grace notes isn't that much harder compared to just getting to the C ^^

Static

Quote from: Bloop on May 26, 2024, 10:41:30 AMI think it's fine, you already left some space for the player to jump up in m20, getting the grace notes isn't that much harder compared to just getting to the C ^^
Sounds good then, I've added those notes in

Bloop

Kricketune54

My only comment is from listening to m18, it sounds tonally more like E minor. So I'm hearing En instead of Eb, and Fn instead of Fn. I think then do Gn and An instead of Ab and Cn? May want to play around with this but tonally it sounds off currently.

Static

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 28, 2024, 07:09:56 PMMy only comment is from listening to m18, it sounds tonally more like E minor. So I'm hearing En instead of Eb, and Fn instead of Fn. I think then do Gn and An instead of Ab and Cn? May want to play around with this but tonally it sounds off currently.
Yep, I hear that too. Basically I just shifted m18 down by 1 semitone.

Edit: And before I forget, do we want to update all the TTYD track titles to match the Sound Test in the Switch version? So in this case it would be "Battle - Macho Grubba". The current titles aren't sourced from any official material as far as I know, and most tracks from the GC version have official titles now with a few exceptions like "All Aboard to Rogueport" which isn't in the remake.