News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

GH3 songs?

Started by Archimonde, March 02, 2008, 09:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archimonde

Anybody willing to do this? Through Fire and Flames would be awesome.

KefkaticFanatic

I'm pretty certain we said we wouldn't do these, and most songs would be either unplayable, sound crappy, or boring.

me irl
[close]

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Yeah, no GH songs.  Just video game THEMES.

evilsqueaky

Tabs are a thought...

Mike

Get Guitar Pro and download a Guitar Pro tab of the song.

pumpy_heart

I'm all for Guitar Hero songs being on the site.
Just because they normally are played on the guitar does not make it boring for piano.
I'm arranging some guitar hero sheets already. If they rule them out, I'll let people get them from me.

Lildigipoke2

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

evilsqueaky

Lildigipoke2

Quote from: evilsqueaky on March 03, 2008, 02:27:22 PMlol 0 posts

i just read that in the other thread...i immediately came here....OMG 0 POSTS!

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

Mike

Quote from: pumpy_heart on March 03, 2008, 01:50:03 PMI'm all for Guitar Hero songs being on the site.
Just because they normally are played on the guitar does not make it boring for piano.
I'm arranging some guitar hero sheets already. If they rule them out, I'll let people get them from me.

Then it just becomes normal sheet music which you can find anywhere and have a bunch of different versions of them on www.ultimate-guitar.com with the Guitar Pro tabs. Not only do you get the guitar, you get rhythm, bass, drums, any other instrument the song has and sometimes vocals.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Exactly, so argument over.

pumpy_heart

Guitar Hero Pro Tabs unfortunately do not create piano "tabs" unless the piece specifically calls for a piano.
We must get back to the original topic: Whether Guitar Hero Songs are allowed or not.
This site is meant to take video game songs (OMG! SONGS!!!) and arrange them for piano. Therefore, the songs from Guitar Hero (OMG! SONGS!!!) should be able to fit in as well.
The argument that these songs would be boring/repetitive/crappy is flawed. Many people who have said this have neither heard nor wanted to hear some of the guitar songs for piano. This bias should be disregarded. Also, if one does not want to listen to this music, they are not forced to. From the point of the visitor of the site, a visitor seeing variety of song selections would allow the visitor to find something he/she enjoys.
I am glad to take direct questions to the topic of discussion.

musicguy49

Quote from: pumpy_heart on March 04, 2008, 04:10:41 PMGuitar Hero Pro Tabs unfortunately do not create piano "tabs" unless the piece specifically calls for a piano.
We must get back to the original topic: Whether Guitar Hero Songs are allowed or not.
This site is meant to take video game songs (OMG! SONGS!!!) and arrange them for piano. Therefore, the songs from Guitar Hero (OMG! SONGS!!!) should be able to fit in as well.
The argument that these songs would be boring/repetitive/crappy is flawed. Many people who have said this have neither heard nor wanted to hear some of the guitar songs for piano. This bias should be disregarded. Also, if one does not want to listen to this music, they are not forced to. From the point of the visitor of the site, a visitor seeing variety of song selections would allow the visitor to find something he/she enjoys.
I am glad to take direct questions to the topic of discussion.

I second that.

Archimonde

Some (lots) of the GH3 songs would suck for piano, not to mention how simple or boring they would be.
But there are some good ones that would be somewhat worth it.

kirby_superstar

well then explain yourself ::)
i disagree i think guitar hero songs would be so kool, it would be boring if you arranged only the lead guitar part, and even then in some cases it wouldnt be  :o
x = y + 1. Where x = current post count, and y = previous post count.