News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Ossia. Need help making one.

Started by The-Real-Link, November 25, 2008, 06:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-Real-Link

Okay. I'm trying to make an Ossia passage for 2 bars of music. Problem. I tried creating a new staff, but there is no way to hide all the other bars. I either have to have them all visible or all hidden. My next idea was to use the graphics tool. Problem. I've got my image, but everytime I put it on the page it comes out as a bunch of staticky looking garbage. (Print's that way too.) I can get other images to work, but not this one. I don't know if it's because it's black and white or what. I've tried compressing the .tif file multiple ways, but none of them work. Anybody got any ideas? (I have Printmusic 2008 if that info helps.)  ---Here's the image I need as my ossia---

Davey

Don't use .tif ever. That's my advice, I dunno what else to do though.

The-Real-Link

Quote from: DaveyTheRebel on November 26, 2008, 02:05:29 PMDon't use .tif ever. That's my advice, I dunno what else to do though.
tifs are the only image file that finale supports.

Brawler4Ever

I have an idea... but it may not be what you're looking for...

1. Make sure that the image that you want is on your computer monitor.
2. Ctrl+ Print Screen (PrtScn). On my keyboard, it's two buttons above the Delete key.
3. Go to paint, right-click, and click Paste.
4. Save that image and upload it on Photobucket or something similar.

Did that help?
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on December 06, 2008, 05:46:24 PMI have an idea... but it may not be what you're looking for...

1. Make sure that the image that you want is on your computer monitor.
2. Ctrl+ Print Screen (PrtScn). On my keyboard, it's two buttons above the Delete key.
3. Go to paint, right-click, and click Paste.
4. Save that image and upload it on Photobucket or something similar.

Did that help?
ummm....that's not what I need. I don't need to know how to upload an image to the internet. I'm trying to figure out how to compress the black and white image into a .tif file that is readable by Printmusic, because everytime I do it it turns out as a bunch of staticky looking stuff.