News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Merlin's Arrangements [Upd - Feb 18]

Started by Merlin, January 07, 2009, 06:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

Welcome to my submission thread! Till now, I haven't arranged many pieces of music, but there will be more. Enjoy!

Submission:
[WII] Disaster: Day of Crisis - "SURGE Hideout" - Merlin ::: MUS [Hard]

In Queue:
[NDS] Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations - "The Bitter Taste Of Truth" - Merlin ::: MUS [Easy]
[GB] Pokémon: Red, Blue and Yellow Version - "Viridian Forest" - Merlin ::: MUS [Medium]

In Progress:
[NDS] Diddy Kong Racing DS - "Pirate Lagoon (DS Version)" - Merlin ::: MUS [Very Hard]

Accepted:

I'm currently arranging Pirate Lagoon from Diddy Kong Racing DS, so it's the DS Version of the song... the N64 Version is completely different, but I like the DS Version, because it's so nice and calm...

mantis985

Surge Hideout sounds good.  Just make sure you follow the formatting directions for copyright and the site url  http://ninsheetmusic.drshnaps.com/smf/index.php?topic=481.0

Also(just a though), maybe changing the 8th tied to dotted 8th to a quarter tied to a 16th?  I think this would make it a little easier to read-less subdivision.

Brassman388

Yeah, the surge hideout is good on notes, but the time signature is off..it's in a 6/8 time. I dont know what the bpm is, that's something you can find out. Also, don't forget your key signature either. Like I said though, from what i listened to..the notes sound pretty correct.

Merlin

Thank you for your comments! :)

@mantis985: I've tried to do all the copyright things, but unfortunately I still don't know who composed Surge Hideout... and I think you're right about the quarter and the 16th... I'll fix it.

@Brassman388: It's in a 6/8 time? Hm, maybe that's why it was so difficult to do all the stuff with tied an dotted notes... I'll make a new version of it in the right time signature.

I'll make a new version of Surge Hideout and I think I'll have another look at The Bitter Taste of Truth, too... maybe I can improve this one, too... But I'm afraid I won't be able to upload the new versions in next time, because I have problems with my internet... as soon as I do something more complicated than chatting or being in a forum, the connection says "goodbye"... I hope I'll be able to fix this problem soon, too. ;)

Well, thank you for your help! :)

Merlin

I finally found a possibility to connect my father's printer downstairs to my computer upstairs! And the first thing I did was, of course, print out my arrangements so I could play them! Well, first, I gave the sheets to my father, because I wanted to know what he thought about it, as he's a veeeeery good pianist... And the first thing he said to me was "How should I play this chord?"
To be honest, I hadn't played any of my arrangements till now, so I couldn't see if all the chords were doable... And they weren't! But now I changed the sheets and now everything should be fine...
I'm sorry that I couldn't fix this problem until now, but I simply had no possibility to print out my arrangements...
Well, now I'll try to change the key signature, I haven't found out how to do this yet because the key signature tool in Finale Notepad doesn't seem to work the way I want it to work...

And does anybody happen to know where I can find the 8va-Tool?

EDIT: I'm using Finale Notepad 2008. ^^

kotorfanboy

You can't put in 8va, 8vb, or any of that stuff with Notepad. Get someone with Finale 2008 to do it for you.

Merlin

Till now, I didn't even know that there was a difference between Finale and Finale Notepad. o.O
Well... It's Viridian Forest... The highest tone is a g. I think it's g''... It's in the 17th measure.
Well, actually, that's not even such a high pitched tone, I think it's still acceptable.