News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

the best composer???

Started by dahans, January 11, 2009, 06:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahans

what do u think is/was the best composer in the world??? in my opinion it is beethoven because he was such a genius! moreover, i love koji kondo too, because he made nintendo famous; what do u thinK?
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

The-Real-Link

Three words....
Frederic Francois Chopin

Among other people....

Johann Sebastion Bach, Franz Liszt, Ludwig van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amedeus Mozart, Robert Shumman, Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy,  Nobuo Uematsu, John Williams, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman, Howard Shore, shall I go on?...

dahans

well you forgot about koji kondo :) why do u like chopin so much??? well i love his watzes especially his first but well in my opinion beethoven is the best

ALPRAS

A lot of them: Grieg, Chopin, Scriabin, Rachmaninoff, Debussy, Ravel, Koji kondo, James Horner, John Williams, Danny Elfman and Pedro macedo Camacho (a friend of mine that composed the music to the game "A vampyre story")

The-Real-Link

Chopin's music is amazing. He's use of rubato is unmatched by any other composer! He literally makes the piano cry, dance, sing, scream with fury, and send tingles up your spine! His music is just amazing! I'm not saying that others like beethoven are not good composers. Beethoven is amazing! Without Beethoven, Copin would probably not have composed what he did.

Here's some suggested listening for Chopin-

Fantasie-Impromptu in c# minor, Op. 66
Grande Valse-Brilliante in Eb Major, Op. 18
"The Minute Waltz" Db Major, Op.64, no. 1
Prelude op. 28 no. 15 "Raindrops" in Db Major
The Heroic Polonaise in Ab Major, op. 53
The March Funabre from Sonata in Bb minor Op. 35
Nocturne in Bb minor, op. 9, no. 1
Etude in c minor, "Revolutionary" op 10, no. 12
Ballade No. 1 in g minor, op. 23
Mazurka in F Major, op. 68, no. 3

musicguy360

MetroidHunter v26

IGOR STRAVINSKY!!!!
If you want proof listen to the FIREBIRD Suite Finale :D aslo heard in Fatasia 2000 :P
There's so many I can't decide on though...
theres
John Williams
Koji Kondo
Grant Kirkhope
Nobuo Uematsu
and plenty of others that have eluded my memory.

B-Kpianist

Quote from: ALPRAS on January 12, 2009, 11:39:58 AMA lot of them: Grieg, Chopin, Scriabin, Rachmaninoff, Debussy, Ravel, Koji kondo, James Horner, John Williams, Danny Elfman and Pedro macedo Camacho (a friend of mine that composed the music to the game "A vampyre story")

WHERE IS GRANT KIRKHOPE YOUNG MAN!?

Grant Kirkhope is easily one of the best composers out there as well as Robin Beanland.

And when it comes to non-vg music: Ravel

The-Real-Link

Quote from: MetroidHunter v26 on January 13, 2009, 02:48:37 PMIGOR STRAVINSKY!!!!
If you want proof listen to the FIREBIRD Suite Finale :D aslo heard in Fatasia 2000 :P
Oh yea!!! I forgot Stravinsky!!!!! Some of the weirdest atonal music EVER!!!! BUT SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!! Petrushka man!!!!! Go listen to Petrushka now!!! The Rite of Spring is good too!

Gu4n

The best? No idea. My favorite? Beethoven for classical, Michiru Yamane for videogame music.

Brassman388

Nobuo Uematsu for Video Game, Modest Moussorski for Classical.

GreekGeek

Schubert, he's the best classical composer that ever lived in my opinion. Well maybe he isn't the most genial, but his music is the most beautiful =). And Tsukasa Tawada and Koji Kondo for game music ;)

marvolo_gaunt

A fairly basic question. I have a very thorough knowledge of classical music and I must say that my five favourite composers ever and their greatest compositions are

1. Ludwig Beethoven-
Symphonies 1-9
Piano Sonatas 1-32
Missa Solemnis.
Violin Sonatas
String Quartets incl. the Grosse Fuge

Yes.. all of them

2. Frederic Chopin
-Ballades 1-4
-Mazurka in f-minor
-Waltzes in Ab Major Op. 34, no. 1 and C# minor Op. 64 no. 2
-Piano Concerto 1
-Polonaise no. 6 in Ab Major Op. 53 "Heroique", Fantasie polonaise.
-The Barcarolle in F# major
-Scherzo in C# minor, Piano Sonata no. 3 in b-minor
-The 24 preludes
-Several nocturnes and his etudes Opp. 10 and 25.

3. Modest Mussorgsky, if only for the utmost genius of his Une tableaux d'une exposition and his Eine Nacht auf dem Berg. As well as Boris. I had to pick a Russian and he's my pick.

4. Maurice Ravel
Miroirs
Gaspard de la Nuit
NOT Bolero
Orchestration of Une tableaux d'une exposition
Je d'eaux

5. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (of course!)
Piano Concerti 1-28
Le Nozze di Figaro K. 492
Die Zauberfloete K.620
Don Giovanni
Cosi fan tutti
La Clemenza di Tito
Idomeneo
Concerto for Flute, Harp and Orchestra K. 299
Requiem Mass K.626
Concerto for Clarinet in A, K. 622
Concerto No. 10 for two pianos K. 365
Symphonies 25, 38, 40 and 41
Piano Sonatas No. 10, 11, 18 and 8.
The Horn Concerti

This is by no means an extensive list and the following composers are also incredibly dear to me:

Schumann, Grieg, Rachmaninov, Debussy, Stravinsky, Berlioz, Liszt (the Sonata in B Minor is a triumph), Mendelssohn, Sculthorpe, Schoenberg, Brahms, Scriabin, Scarlatti, Bartok, Haydn, Prokofiev and Elgar.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

dahans

Quote from: marvolo_gaunt on March 27, 2009, 06:31:34 AMA fairly basic question. I have a very thorough knowledge of classical music and I must say that my five favourite composers ever and their greatest compositions are

1. Ludwig Beethoven-
Symphonies 1-9
Piano Sonatas 1-32
Missa Solemnis.
Violin Sonatas
String Quartets incl. the Grosse Fuge

Yes.. all of them

2. Frederic Chopin
-Ballades 1-4
-Mazurka in f-minor
-Waltzes in Ab Major Op. 34, no. 1 and C# minor Op. 64 no. 2
-Piano Concerto 1
-Polonaise no. 6 in Ab Major Op. 53 "Heroique", Fantasie polonaise.
-The Barcarolle in F# major
-Scherzo in C# minor, Piano Sonata no. 3 in b-minor
-The 24 preludes
-Several nocturnes and his etudes Opp. 10 and 25.

3. Modest Mussorgsky, if only for the utmost genius of his Une tableaux d'une exposition and his Eine Nacht auf dem Berg. As well as Boris. I had to pick a Russian and he's my pick.

4. Maurice Ravel
Miroirs
Gaspard de la Nuit
NOT Bolero
Orchestration of Une tableaux d'une exposition
Je d'eaux

5. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (of course!)
Piano Concerti 1-28
Le Nozze di Figaro K. 492
Die Zauberfloete K.620
Don Giovanni
Cosi fan tutti
La Clemenza di Tito
Idomeneo
Concerto for Flute, Harp and Orchestra K. 299
Requiem Mass K.626
Concerto for Clarinet in A, K. 622
Concerto No. 10 for two pianos K. 365
Symphonies 25, 38, 40 and 41
Piano Sonatas No. 10, 11, 18 and 8.
The Horn Concerti

This is by no means an extensive list and the following composers are also incredibly dear to me:

Schumann, Grieg, Rachmaninov, Debussy, Stravinsky, Berlioz, Liszt (the Sonata in B Minor is a triumph), Mendelssohn, Sculthorpe, Schoenberg, Brahms, Scriabin, Scarlatti, Bartok, Haydn, Prokofiev and Elgar.

i totally agree with u :) beethoven is really the best (you forgot about the piano concerts especially 3, 4 and 5) and u mentioned haydn: yeah he is a really interesting person i live in the city where he worked for the esterházys and this year is the "haydn year" ,probably you know, because haydn died in the year of 1809 in my opinion he is a great composer especially his symphonies (he wrote 108!) are great. Moreover, haydn was the teacher of Beethoven. Due to this fact Beethoven became this genius (in my opinion).
Did u learn anything about haydn in school? im really interested, since in Austria there are hundreds of placards an posters and brochures about haydn
and it seems that everyone who likes classical music likes video game music thats pretty funny