Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

I recommend "Penguindrum" to everyone - I'm so captured into it right now, and I'm having trouble leaving the computer screen to do something else than watching it.

It is a psychological comedy with elements of romance and mystery in it - just like it sounds, it is crazy. But it is so good.
The OST is on an extremely high level of quality, and especially the openings are so catchy I've been going around humming to them all day.

The animation is absolutely gorgeous. I don't think I have watched an anime TV-series with this good animation, their budget must have been great.

I am watching it english dubbed, and the main cast consists of Emily Neves (known for doing Kotomi from Clannad), Illich Guardiola (known for doing Yoshino from Clannad), Monica Rial (one of the most used voices of dubbed anime) and Blake Shepard (known for his many main roles in comedy anime). Other people on the cast include David Matranga and Maggie Flecknoe, so the dubbing cast is pretty awesome.

Overall it is such a mind-fuck, and the craziness have reached a point where I no longer believe it possibly can be explained in the remaining six episodes. This is not a bad thing at all, it just shows how deep the show is.
I am so impressed by it. And I think everyone should give it a try - it kinda suits everyone in a way, I think.
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

Now that school is out for the summer, I was thinking of starting a new anime. All the one's I've already watched or are thinking of watching are here (thanks Jompa), but I was wondering which you guys would recommend first

Jompa

Clannad is an awesome romance anime :)
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

Good. I'm in the mood for one of those. Thanks :D

Jompa

Penguindrum is a great example of how a show should be:
Regardless of the story, a show should capture the viewer completely. As long as it does that nothing else matters.
As one watches Penguindrum, everything that is going on seems interesting.
When one finishes Penguindrum, there aren't any negative feelings left. And one doesn't even feel sad about it being over.
It doesn't leave anything with the viewer, making the show nothing more than completely enjoyable. As I said, this is in my opinion how a great show should be like.
To put this into perspective:
Penguindrum is literally nothing more than 13 hours of time used. But, time well spent!

I'll probably never want to talk about Penguindrum again, which I think is weird and kinda cool, because it is one of the best shows I've ever watched :o :)
As a ranking I'll give Mawaru Penguindrum the score 10/10.
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

Quote from: Jompa on June 06, 2013, 02:30:09 PMClannad is an awesome romance anime :)
i officially crown jompa king of anime

Pit0010

You guys read Shingeki no kyorin right?

if not...WHAT ARE YOU DOING! GO READ IT NOW
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Jompa

Well, I'm watching it - is that ok?
Birdo for Smash

Yugi

Pit0010

watching it is twice as good xD
Imma watch it when I finish the current chapter
AUSSI

Pit0010

AUSSI

GaryOak

If someone wants to watch something similar to FMA I'd recommend D.Gray-man. It gave me FMA feels.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

fabbemannen

Quote from: GaryOak on June 11, 2013, 01:47:40 AMIf someone wants to watch something similar to FMA I'd recommend D.Gray-man. It gave me FMA feels.
I find them pretty different, but both are worth watching. D.Gray-man got some of favorite characters in it at least, all on the evil side ^^