News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

Yugi

no don't watch it maelstrom it's boring as shit

Maelstrom

I seem to be getting conflicting opinions.....

Bubbles

As much as I love Melancholy, it probably wouldn't get past your mom. (without spoiling anything:) Considering shenanigans involving Mikuru and even her important plot points...yeah

I can confidently say that that show drastically changed my life and that everyone close to me has noticed it, but I really don't think you'll be able to watch it

Quote from: maelstrom. on September 20, 2014, 02:47:38 PMThanks for the recommendations. Personally, idk what I like, but a combination of action, character development and overly complex plot, I guess?
Action, character development and a fairly complex plot? I'd say Blue Exorcist, Code Geass, Suisei no Gargantia, Haikyuu (if you're into sports) or even Tokyo Ghoul

Maelstrom

And you're saying those others could?

Bubbles

Idk what your mom is looking for but honestly the only things I can think of in that list are that Blue Exorcist has religious elements that may or may not be always accurate (but I don't care enough to research) and Tokyo Ghoul is a bit bloody

SlowPokemon

Quote from: maelstrom. on September 20, 2014, 05:28:28 PMAnd you're saying those others could?

Penguindrum has some sexual scenes, not like full on sex but there's implied rape in one of the episodes (played seriously, not made light of). Haruhi Suzumiya's first episode has Haruhi grabbing another girl's boobs (through her shirt) and commenting on how big they are, which is played for laughs, and the second episode has two of the characters in playboy bunny outfits (don't ask), but all of the others are about PG rated. Kids on the Slope has no objectionable content. Kokoro Connect doesn't have anything bad but one of the girls talks about a history of being sexually abused if I remember correctly.

Really though Haruhi Suzumiya is a great anime. Has my complete recommendation and it's something everyone can enjoy.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

Nichijou is a good comedy if you like that kind of thing.

Jompa

Quote from: maelstrom. on September 20, 2014, 03:28:04 PMYou seem to really like that show....
Yes, and there's a reason for it. Come on just do it! Except for Kids on the Slope (which is amazing too) its probably the show with the least objectionable content you've been recommended so far (bubbles is contradicting himself imo), so I think it'll get past your mom.
Here I have a list of some of my favorites, selected with the criteria that they should get past your mom: (and they are my favorites for a reason)
Spoiler
"The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" (2 short seasons, 1 movie)
"Kids on The Slope" (1 short season)
"Kaleido Star" (~50 episodes)
"Space Brothers" (~100 episodes)
"Welcome to the NHK" (1 double-season)
"The World God Only Knows" (3 short seasons)
"Nana" (~50 episodes)
"Clannad" (2 double-seasons, (1 non-canonical movie))
"Kanon (2006)" (1 double-season)
"Little Busters" (1 double-season, 1 short season, ~7 extra episodes)

short season = 11-14 episodes
long season = 22-26 episodes
[close]
Though you seem to be very dismissive towards recommendations.
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

Quote from: Jompa on September 21, 2014, 08:08:27 AMThough you seem to be very dismissive towards recommendations.
I am mostly going by basic descriptions of the story. I want to find something engaging and intriguing enough that I will not always choose to arrange or play video games instead of watching it, and then never finishing it. And why start it if I never finish it? Does that make sense?

SlowPokemon

Quote from: maelstrom. on September 21, 2014, 09:54:38 AMI am mostly going by basic descriptions of the story. I want to find something engaging and intriguing enough that I will not always choose to arrange or play video games instead of watching it, and then never finishing it. And why start it if I never finish it? Does that make sense?

The fact that you're dismissing all of our recommendations, anime we obviously consider to be great stories or experiences, as not good or interesting without even trying them is pretty insulting though. Don't ask for recommendations if you're not going to take what we recommend seriously

Jompa

Those are my thoughts too (though a bit less extreme). Are you saying you're reading synopsises of the shows we recommend, and then out of that spoiler-free introduction to the start of the show decide the quality of it? That's what doesn't make sense.
Let me tell you this then: you seemed to enjoy Terror in Resonance. Almost every show that have been recommended to you so far is better than that in every area you've requested for.
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

I'm not saying they are bad. In fact, they look good, so don't get me wrong. They just don't seem like something I could watch to completion.

SlowPokemon

Yeah what we're saying is we wouldn't recommend them for you if they weren't worth watching to completion. If there's one thing I've learned about anime, it's that you can never judge it before seeing it, and you usually can't even judge it based on the first couple episodes.