News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

GAHHH I think Shippuden is about to dump another pile of filler episodes on my plate. Which makes no sense, because they are LITERALLY one or two well-focused episodes from finally finishing the 4th Great Ninja War arc. THIS THINGS BEEN GOING ON FOR, LIKE, 2 FUCKING YEARS. JUST END ALREADY.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

K-NiGhT

that's why i don't really bother with the anime anymore i just used the manga
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Jompa

These last two anime seasons I've been watching every series there is, so if anyone wanna know wether some of them are good, and actually worth picking up to watch, just ask.
My favorites have been Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu, Denski-gai no Honya-san, Grisaia no Kajitsu, Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete, and Terra Formars.
Some other shows that also are good (at least most of the time) are Akitsuki no Yona, Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de, SAO II (not even joking), Amagi Brilliant Park, Sanzoku no Musume Ronja, and Shirobako. It's been pretty good these seasons.
Birdo for Smash

KefkaticFanatic

Well Psycho Pass 2 is done.  *meh*

Hopefully the movie will bring it back up on par with S1.

me irl
[close]

Jompa

Because of PC-crash I haven't gotten to the last eps of Psycho-Pass 2 yet.

I finished the first season of Log Horizon, and it was really really good! Could have taken more advantage of the action and thriller elements, but still it was really exciting. I recommend it if you want something simple to watch. Gonna move on to season 2 now, which is currently airing.
Birdo for Smash

Roz~

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 18, 2014, 06:25:51 PMWell Psycho Pass 2 is done.  *meh*

Hopefully the movie will bring it back up on par with S1.

I agree that it wasn't as good as season 1, but it was alright.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Bubbles

I started jjba...
1. I thought it was a comedy but honestly I'm not that upset
2. I didn't know it was so bloody (again, not that upset)
3. I didn't know Dio was a freaking VAMPIRE
4. Also, Dio is a huge asshole

Is this show just big muscles or is there some unintentional comedy thrown in too?

Mashi

bubbles watch arc 2 with joseph joestar hes one of my favourite characters ever i love him

arc 1 with johnatan is sort of boring tho tbh except for MADA MADA MADA MADA MADA MADA MADA MADA MADA

GaryOak

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 10, 2014, 11:34:29 PMGAHHH I think Shippuden is about to dump another pile of filler episodes on my plate. Which makes no sense, because they are LITERALLY one or two well-focused episodes from finally finishing the 4th Great Ninja War arc. THIS THINGS BEEN GOING ON FOR, LIKE, 2 FUCKING YEARS. JUST END ALREADY.

That's cute. Let me beat you to the reality.

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 10, 2014, 11:34:29 PMthey are LITERALLY one or two years of episodes from finally finishing the 4th Great Ninja War arc.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jompa

These last couple of days I've been watching Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (or as I've liked calling it, "Code Geese: Legoose of the Rebellion"), and I am currently on episode 9 of season 2.
This is a title probably everyone recognizes, as it is among the top 10 of almost every anime listings ever. I've been purposely ignoring it for a long long time, but when my brother said it was "kinda good", it won me over (I have never heard him say that about anything before...). So I started watching, and the first thing that struck me is "Death Note". They're pretty similar. I am not a big fan of Death Note: this is because I found the plot to be extremely unconvincing, because everything is based on luck and guessing, disguising itself as a detective story. I must say, that in this sense Code Geass is even worse. However, everything else about the show totally makes up for it. It is exciting throughout the absolytely entire show, no stupid unnecessary arcs, and it doesn't loose itself after a season-change, which many shows tend to do. It is most certainly "kinda good"! I recommend it so fucking hard. This show is sick.
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

I got to episode 10 of R2 (which is in total 35/50 episodes) when I realized I just wasn't into the show anymore. I thought it had really cool plot twists and characters, but I just completely lost interest. To be fair, I was watching the dub (in which everyone but yuri and jyb were painful to listen to), and I'm not that into mecha shows in the first place

Jompa

I just finished Code Geass.
I'd say it's good. More crazily overkill than good, but I get why it's one of Sunrise's most famous shows. I recommend it! An experience and a half. Reflecting back on it, it's main charms are: the action, the brutalness and gruesomeness, the struggle of the protagonist, the neverending flow of new conflicts, and how ithe show the entire time makes you ask yourself "how the hell can this have a happy ending?". However it has an incredibly unconvincing plot, due to guessing and luck - very exciting however! It wasn't really as moving as it sets out to be, but it's a show that sticks with you afterwards as a good feeling, a strong hangover, and another show to use for comparing other shows with in the future.
Averagely good imo, but exeptional creds to animation and sound.
Birdo for Smash

K-NiGhT

after seeing TFS's Hellsing Ultimate Abridged parody, I went and started watching the actual series.

It's pretty good. Real gory tho
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Bubbles

Tokyo Ghoul starts back up in two weeks :DD