Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 07, 2015, 04:46:07 AMI'm not really the kind of person who likes slice of life stuff, but it's just that good.
*cough*The Melancholy*cough*
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

Finished it. What a great show. I'll say it again, I was wrong.
That doesn't mean I will watch Melancholy immediately after, but I'm pretty certain it will happen eventually.
Anything else that doesn't happen to be slice of life? I need something more depressing and dark after that.

SlowPokemon

Ayyyy just making sure you watched the Disappearance movie too, but either way yeah I'm actually in the process of re watching (I'm in "The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya" right now).

umm I may have already recommended this but "Mawaru Penguindrum" is incredibly dark -- it doesn't seem that way from the first couple episodes (it starts almost like a comedy), but once you get into it it's pretty clear that the show is really messed up. It's another of my favorite series. It's got a crazy, really dark story.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 12, 2015, 08:43:20 PMI need something more depressing and dark after that.

Well evangelion is the easy suggestion with that prompt

me irl
[close]

Dude

Hey slow, have you been watching his newest thing?

Yugi

but evangelicon suxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

KefkaticFanatic

i didnt think I would have a use for this so quickly

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Yugi on March 14, 2015, 04:08:35 PMbut evangelicon suxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Actually it doesn't suck and it's very important in the anime industry.

However it's not really my favorite either and I can't figure out why people go crazy over it.

Jompa

Personally, I think it's pretty bad too, but for some reason I don't have any points to support that opinion..
Quote from: Dude on March 13, 2015, 04:44:53 AMHey slow, have you been watching his newest thing?
I'm watching it, and it's good and enjoyable and all, but you can't help but compare it to Utena and Penguindrum, and in the light of those two it's kinda garbage. imo what would've saved it, would be if it sticked to the "repetitiveness" for a couple more episodes. I was looking forward to that "Ikuni-charm" (which it definitely has some of), but it lost most of it at like the fourth episode. The recent episode was a bit better though.
Birdo for Smash

InfinitySoul

The feels in that last Death Parade episode  :'(

Bubbles

Quote from: InfinitySoul on March 28, 2015, 07:30:15 AMThe feels in that last Death Parade episode  :'(
I was just coming here to cry about it too! The entire series was filled with tears but I'd say the last episode beats them all

Maelstrom

Finished Parasyte last week. It was pretty good, but the ending left a bit to be desired.

Jompa

Quote from: Bubbles on March 31, 2015, 09:58:34 PMI was just coming here to cry about it too! The entire series was filled with tears but I'd say the last episode beats them all
For me some of the earlier episodes was pretty teary at times, but the ending didn't have anything cry-worthy imo. Though
Spoiler
the build-up for Decim getting emotions at the end there (with the music and all)
[close]
was extremely nicely done. I could feel my blood rushing!

imo Parasyte was the best this season, mainly because it was the only show that maintained it's quality and excitement throughout the whole cour. Most of the shows started out very promising, but only Parasyte delivered what it set out to be.
I think next season will be good, and I'm especially hoping Hibike and The Disappearence of Nagato will be good.
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

I feel like every episode could have made someone cry if they were emotional enough

I must have misunderstood something Decim said at the beginning, because for some reason for the first few episodes I thought the couples that came in were literally couples, as in the romantic sense. I was slightly horrified when the old man and young boy walked in...