News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterProX

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 30, 2016, 07:50:59 PMAlso started Fate/Zero because idk.

Fate/Zero was amazing. One of my favorites.

Quote from: Onionleaf on October 02, 2016, 01:12:40 AMAt the moment I am watching "Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso" - it's nothing phenomenal, but it's a nice feel-good, colorful show, and includes some piano and violin performances.

More of a "feel" show than a "feel-good" show by the end, though.

Also, recommending Angel Beats! (old) and 91 Days (very recent).

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Oronoco

Oh, I've never seen it, but I've heard excellent things. Maybe one day.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Maelstrom

mikey

does voltron count as anime cause not gonna lie this is actually pretty good
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Noc, your profile pic broke again and it's really bothering me.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is literally the best magical girls anime ever.
Watch it without looking it up.
not really spoiler
But it has the same author has Psycho-Pass and Fate/Zero, so you may know what to expect from that.
[close]

Nebbles

Yooo I love Voltron, season 2 hype
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

EFitTrainr

Just watched Mob Psycho 100 episode 1, it's pretty cool so far.
I like food.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Onionleaf

Quote from: MasterProX on October 02, 2016, 09:16:00 PMMore of a "feel" show than a "feel-good" show by the end, though.

Oh, for sure, I simply posted that thought only after watching the first few episodes. ^^

Madoka Magica messes with your mind... The first thing I looked up for it (this was years ago) was the peaceful tracks from the OST, and someone commented below the video how those songs are not a very good representation of the anime...

Anyway, I'll be keeping all these anime recommendations in mind the next time I'm out looking for more episodes to watch. :)

Hero of Trains

One of my friends hadn't seen any Studio Ghibli movies, so a group of us got together to watch Howl's Moving Castle. I remembered again why I love all of these movies so much. This is just a reminder that you should all watch the cute movies with Emo Bird Boy, Fluffy Undefined Animal, the Cutest Scary Black Blob Monster and Water Dragon Boy, Bug Girl, and Witch Girl, among others.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

MasterProX

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 07, 2016, 08:44:31 PMPuella Magi Madoka Magica is literally the best magical girls anime ever.
Watch it without looking it up.

I finished watching that the other day after having looked for something short but sweet. Pretty good, albeit trippy and nightmare-inducing (not that those are bad qualities).

Dude

Maelstrom

Quote from: MasterProX on October 14, 2016, 01:16:43 PM

I finished watching that the other day after having looked for something short but sweet. Pretty good, albeit trippy and nightmare-inducing (not that those are bad qualities).
I've heard the movie is even better  (Madoka Magica Rebellion). I'll be watching it with a friend Sunday.

Onionleaf

I just finished watching Your Lie In April last night and was wondering why I hadn't been crying during the whole anime, until that is, I saw the last episode. The acoustic version of the ending song was a beautiful finish to the series.