News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

PC Help

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 12:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-Real-Link

Hey guys. I need some help. Everytime I download an MP3, or hit "Music Sample" on a website it opens in RealPlayer instead of Windows Media Player. I want the default to be windows media player instead. I can't seem to figure out how to change it. My default for MP3s already on my PC is media player, but not when I download something.

Brassman388

Did you right click and 'open as' or 'save as'-and it giving you other options? 

The-Real-Link

No. But that's not what I'm having trouble with. I'm trying to figure out how to get Windows Media Player as my default media application.

Brassman388

That kind of stuff has to be handled in the control panel area...there should be an icon or link that says "default programs".

Jamaha

What's your browser?

The-Real-Link

Quote from: JaMaHa on January 25, 2009, 01:21:35 AMWhat's your browser?
Internet Ex. 7
Media Player is set as my default application on everything I use. Like, if I go into my sheet music folder on my desktop and click on an MP3 or MIDI it will play in Windows Media Player. BUT, if I'm on the internet, say on an online CD store, and I click on "Hear Music Sample" it always opens it in Real Player. I want it to open in Media Player. It used to open in media player, and then all of a sudden one day it started using real player.

Jamaha

Meh, IE7 seems to lack the option for setting the programs for different filetypes. Or at least I couldn't find it in the settings.

Just uninstall Realplayer or something, no one likes it anyway.

chipmunk884

If you are willing to switch to FireFox, you can go to Tools > Options > Applications and set the program used to handle every type of media that you can find on the web.

KefkaticFanatic

Realplayer is evil.  Uninstall that rubbish immediately.

me irl
[close]

random_goldfish

Real player is pretty lousy...it annoys the crap out of me. The only reason I have it is it's a pretty easy way to make the podcasts of my radio show if we're having technical difficulties with our other software. I'd just uninstall it but I don't know if you have it for an actual reason.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^