News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Band Arrangements?

Started by Nana1Popo2, January 25, 2009, 02:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana1Popo2

ok, so i already brought in a Bob-Omb Battlefield arrangement for Jazz Band which i hope we get to use.

but now i want to arrange a song for next year, literally, 2010. it's too late to bring in a song for this year, i also dont have time. And considering we dont start Symphonic band till second semester, then i have plenty of time! ^_^

ok, i was thinking either of these two: and Ocarina of Time Medley, or a Super Mario Galaxy medley/song.
(or anything else really good that comes out before that time)

maybe anything else from Nintendo? but mainly from these two.

Any ideas?
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Brassman388

Maritime battle 2, from Wind Waker. It's such an epic song.

I plan on eventually making a brass arrangement, but that won't happen anytime this year.

Other than that. that song is really epic.

Nana1Popo2

hmm, could i get a link, im not familiar with the song............. :)

and im tryin to stick with songs that are in or from SSBB. jus cuz theyre easy to reach, and im more familiar with them....... :P

GreekGeek

Well if you want I have the mp3-file of the 2nd Maritime Battle. But I myself think it's rather dull, I'm sorry. I would personally suggest to make a band arrangment from a song like "Jalhalla", although it's rather difficult.

Brassman388

Quote from: GreekGeek on January 26, 2009, 06:12:06 AMWell if you want I have the mp3-file of the 2nd Maritime Battle. But I myself think it's rather dull, I'm sorry. I would personally suggest to make a band arrangment from a song like "Jalhalla", although it's rather difficult.

Don't worry about it, as for your arrangement..why don't you just make a band version of checker knights then. I don't mind if you use it, i would rather see what the end product would be like.

GreekGeek

I don't know whether to take this as critism and making fun of me, but I won't. I don't need a band arrangement myself, but I'm absolutely willing to help you. I just meant that Jalhalla is a really difficult piece and for the rest, I don't see your problem ???

Brassman388

lol...I mean't no insult to you friend..i was merely telling you not to worry about it.

As for the arrangement, i was telling mr. nana1popo2..to use my arrangement for a band rendition. thats all. :)

Nana1Popo2

ya, i was thinkin of a possibility of doin Checker Knights....
but i would need more parts (for the different instruments) then wat your piano part offers... :/
ill listen to the original today and see wat more i need...
cuz especially with the percussion parts, im not too great at that.. lol :)

Brassman388

Well...I wouldn't mind working on it together, that's no problem for me, as for the percussion parts-i could handle those. What's the instrumentation that you needed?

Nana1Popo2

lol, ok, this will sound stupid, but what do u mean by "the instrumentation that you needed?"

cuz, if i/we can hear the background parts, it would help a lot.

and ya, i dont mind if i have some assisstance! ill put your name with me on who arranged it! ^_^ i appreciate the help :)

Brassman388

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on January 27, 2009, 09:22:55 PMlol, ok, this will sound stupid, but what do u mean by "the instrumentation that you needed?"

lol, its all good.. ;D

what i mean't was, what instruments are you going to use in order for the song to be a success?

Like... is it going to be a typical wind band arrangement or are you going for accuracy of the arrangement and remaking it into an orchestral arrangement?

Nana1Popo2

well, you really want the list? im just putting every instrument we have in our band.
but this is wat i think we will need, ill make sure with the teacher later....

Flute 1
Flute 2
Oboe
Clarinet in Bb (2?) cuz we have 3 clarinets, we might get more next year....so ill go back and add another one.
Bass Clarinet
Alto Sax 1
Alto Sax 2
Tenor Sax 1
Tenor Sax 2
Baritone Sax
Bassoon
Horn in F (we have 3 right now but might get more...? should i add a second part?)
Trumpet 1
Trumpet 2
Trumpet 3
Trombone 1
Trombone 2 (i might add another trombone)
Baritone
Tuba
Timpani
Snare Drum
Bells (Marimba)
Cymbals
Percussion

keep in mind that this is not how many people are in the band, but how many parts i want to make.

Brassman388

Awesome, the only thing is..you might not need that many parts..some parts(just because of how simple the song is)might have to be shared.

like, instead of having 3 trumpet parts, you might just 2..you get what i mean?

But this can be accomplished  ;)

So, what da ya think?

Nana1Popo2

sure :)

but, if we finish this song, id still like to arrange another song that probably everyone will recognize...