News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Stuck! Please Help!

Started by Orion927, January 26, 2009, 02:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion927

For quite a while now, ive found myself not able to play much of anything. I get aggravated and quit on the song. I was wondering if someone might suggest an easy videogame song. If i can accomplish something, maybe ill get over this block to learning new music. (id say in videogame terms the most difficult songs i can play are FF7:Fanfare and FF8:Balamb Garden, Lost Woods and Song of Healing to name a few). Please help!

mikona

If you like, you can pick a song from the website and just play the one-finger melody. Usually the top note of the right hand would work.

Or, take a break from all of these arrangements and work on something that's not from a video game. There's a plethora of music books and sheet music out there, waiting to be played.

Or you can pick a song from here, start with the one-finger melody, work with your hand separate, and then work on putting them together. No one says you have to get these right away, and some of these arrangements seem unreasonable to me on what you have to do (try Fountain of Dreams from Super Smash Bros. Melee. All of those super-fast four-note chords seem pretty impossible to me). Just take your time and be patient. If you get tired of a song, take a break, look at something else. Play a song you know and love. Piano is to be enjoyed.

mantis985

Try the main theme or Enclosure from Metal Gear Solid.  Take it slow at first to work out the fingering and, gradually play it faster.  Be patient.  The Mortal Kombat theme isn't too bad, except for 4 measures, and its a fun song to experiment with.  Be patient and relax. If you keep playing,  you will get better. Also, I find that if there is something I can't play, If I take a break and come back to it, I can play it better.

Cobraroll

Not having heard the songs you describe, but being a music n00b myself, I can list the songs I'm able to play after 8 months of lessons. All of them are quite simple, and can be found on NSM:

Dire Dire Docks, SM64
Select your File, SM64 (super easy)
Hazy Maze Cave, SM64
Pokémon RBY - Route 1
Pokémon RBY - Pallet Town
Pokémon RBY - Elite Four

And working on a few more, such as Inside the Castle from SM64 and Ending Theme from the same game. Also, have a look at Haunted Merry and Endless Staircase, also from that awesome game. The last one is cool, because it keeps on going higher without actually getting anywhere.
Yep, a Nintendo Fanboy, here I am!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Brassman388

Why don't you take a look in the submissions thread? There's alot of good stuff there, at all levels, you just need to take a look.

Orion927

thanks everyone for your suggestions! Ive started learning the Theme of Kaepora Gaebora (LoZ:OoT). i think im good to go. :D