News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Starpikachu's Performances 07-08

Started by starpikachu, June 11, 2008, 06:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starpikachu

w00t! My teacher is selling CDs of the advanced groups' performances during the year for only $2! I got one and here are the songs. Please critique so we can maybe do better next year. ;D
*Note*: I don't remember the names of some of the band songs. If you know a name, tell me and I will update. One title I have is "Black Forest Overture" but I don't remember which song it is.

Advanced Orchestra (my class)
Winter Concert:
Halo Theme
Adirondack Sleighride
POPS Concert:
The Ghost of John
Spring Concert, CMEA Festival, Heritage Festival:
Small Overture
Palladio
Danse Infernale
Chamber Orchestra (not me):
Rhosymedre
Brandenburg Concerto 1st Movement
Brandenburg Concerto 2nd Movement

Advanced Band
Winter Concert:
Cartoon Symphony
Unknown
POPS Concert:
Thriller (by Michael Jackson FTL, I think this one messed with some of the band people's heads)
Music From The Phantom of the Opera
Unknown
Unknown
Dorian Rhapsody

Combined Advanced Orchestra and Band:
Winter Concert:
Music from Home Alone 2
POPS Concert:
Music from Wicked
Music from Corpse Bride
Artemis Rising

iDOWN

Haha. I played Cartoon Symphony my 7th grade year. Twas a fun song. :3

Palagerini

lol me too... cartoon symphony is a cool song... the halo theme sounds great btw =D
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

starpikachu

Oh yay! People finally respond! ::) Thank you for responding, Palagerini and iDOWN.

I think we performed Cartoon Symphony the best. On the Halo Theme, some people just had to rush, so it sounded off at times. I think the Music from Home Alone 2 is the worst because, 1. It was the first song we performed, and 2. Lots of people were playing at different tempos, so it's a big mess. Lol I just critiqued myself.

The Mindzeye

I played dorian rhapsody in 8th grade and it is definitely the third unknown in the advanced band spring concert list.

starpikachu

Tgamer240

Is Underdog theme in the Cartoon Symphony?
Woof woof! Er, I mean, beep beep!

starpikachu

Quote from: Tgamer240 on July 01, 2008, 04:14:58 PMIs Underdog theme in the Cartoon Symphony?
I don't know. I didn't play it. :P

Olimar12345

cool corpse bride song! ;D i'm a fan of tim burton's movies! it sounded great!
what insterment do u play?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

random_goldfish

I listened to Palladio. Now, I don't know what grade your orchestra typically is so I'll keep it to a minimum I will compliment your ability to keep time...even though the tempo was taken a bit slow...anyway the thing you guys need to work on is intonation. Also, with this piece the articulation should have been more tact and more like a bite. Some areas were good and others were too long. Overall, I applaud your preformance...thanks for sharing these! I'd share my University's recordings but they're copy righted! Haha!

When I played this song I was the soloist...I think you guys all played the solo and took out the sextuplet runs...hehe, that's ok...but I didn't here the really cool part at the end, aw!
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

musicguy360

hey, brandemburg!  My orchestra is doing that this year.  I play piano :P