Main Menu

Should I buy a 360?

Started by White Wolfos, February 17, 2009, 11:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I buy a 360?

Yes
No

White Wolfos

Hey guys. I'm a vivid Nintendo fan - or, at least, I was. The thing is, Nintendo just ignored us core gamers with games for family and old people for the last two years. Where's my Metroid, Starfox, Zelda? They shouldn't have released them so next to each other. As it turns out, no core games this year as well.

And more and more I've been wanting to play games like F.E.A.R. 1 & 2, Left 4 Dead, Silent Hill, Resident Evil 5, GTA IV, you get me. I'm a bit our of cash, but do you guys recommend me buying a 60GB Xbox 360? Thank you so much.

kotorfanboy

I think xbox is great, and if you want to play those sort of games I'd opt Xbox over Playstation simply because of Xbox Live.

Harvest

Well either that or a ps3, doesn't really matter which.  Just take a look at the exclusive lists for each one and decide from there.
-

KefkaticFanatic

Also consider the pricing options, as if you get a 360 you could get some extra accessories and games with it, but if you get a PS3 you really can only get that at first.

This is of course considering that you have just enough to buy a PS3.

me irl
[close]

ALPRAS

Considering that you are out of cash, the best option goes to 360.
X360 also have a great game's catalog, better controllers, and the online is very stable (its a payed service, but it worth)
If you can spend a bit more money, buy PS3, but I think that 360 is the best option

omega

I would recommend a 360 very highly. I don't have one (No job or money currently  :()

But after playing all three systems I would pick the 360 four times over the other two systems.

The PS3 Game selection doesn't appeal to me, and the Wii loses it's novelty after a short time.

Ahh but the 360... It is for sure my favourite, hope this helps  ;)
The odds of there being a bomb on a plane are a million to one. The odds of there being two bombs on a plane are a million times a million to one. So next time you fly, cut the odds and bring a bomb.

FartherThanMusic

I'd get a 360. In my opinion, 360 is better than a PS3. I have tons more fun playing with a 360 than PS3, but it's your choice. :P
Practice hard, practice strong, practice everyday!

ALPRAS

Quote from: FartherThanMusic on April 01, 2009, 04:53:03 PMI'd get a 360. In my opinion, 360 is better than a PS3. I have tons more fun playing with a 360 than PS3, but it's your choice. :P

I completely agree...
PS3 its way too expensive..
X360 have a greater and bigger games catalog
If you buy PS3, you'll pay more 150â,¬ than X360, and the only thing different is the free online (btw, it sucks on PS3) and a bigger hard drive disk (I have 20 GB in my X360 and Im totally satisfied with it)...
In some cases, the PS3 games run slow and have a lot of slowdowns (ex: GTA IV)..

So Im sure that X360 will be the right choise :)

Harvest

My 360 has a 20gb hard drive and I am totally not satisfied with it.  It really only has 13gb anyway because 7gb is used for system info and shit.  I have about 1gb left because the stupid xbox wouldn't read my mint condition rock band 2 disc properly (preventing me from playing DLC) so I had to borrow someones and install it using like 5gb.  I also ported the Rock Band 1 songs over, another 1.6gb and plus I have all the DLC.

So maybe its fine for people without Rock Band..
-

ALPRAS

yeah, when I bought my Xbox with the 20 GB hard disk, I only had free 12 GB... But dont forget that when you bought a xbox, it brings a bunch of demos and other stuff... Ive deleted a lot of them.

Now, i have free 9,6 GB. In the hard disk, I have a lot of demos (Resi 5, RS: Vegas, Nuts & Bolts, and otherg arcade games), 1,5 GB occupied by Oblivion (expansions, saves, etc..), some aplications...
Of course I want a bigger hard disk, but for now, Im satisfied with it...

KefkaticFanatic

Harvest:  My Rock Band works fine, but I would love to have a larger hard drive.  The Pro system comes with a 60 GB now.

me irl
[close]

kotorfanboy

That's why I was sure to get an elite.

I was always worried about running out of space and not being able to transfere DLC, arcade games, etc.

Tranzlater

Wtf did I post in this thread?
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

ALPRAS

you didnt post nothing....... shame on you! xD

Tranzlater

No but it was in show new replies to your posts...
That was odd...
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.