News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

DS-i GBA Slot

Started by shane91c, March 10, 2009, 08:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you disappointed that Nintendo have removed the GBA slot from the DS-i? (No more Guitar Hero!!!)

HELL YEAH! :(
Not really...

Tranzlater

I find that on the Whammies.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Sir Awesomesauce

I voted not really, since I don't plan on buying the same product a third time.
That is, I bought the classic DS, sold it, then the DS Lite, and I'm not going to waste my time buying a gimmicked up new version of the same handheld. I don't even know if it's an improvement if it doesn't play GBA games. Nintendo should stop re-releasing the same games over and over (Pikmin: New Play Control? Ugh, it makes me sick), and make something new for once. They can't live off the DS's and Wii's success forever.
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

Tranzlater

Quote from: Sir Awesomesauce on April 19, 2009, 09:09:47 AMI voted not really, since I don't plan on buying the same product a third time.
That is, I bought the classic DS, sold it, then the DS Lite, and I'm not going to waste my time buying a gimmicked up new version of the same handheld. I don't even know if it's an improvement if it doesn't play GBA games. Nintendo should stop re-releasing the same games over and over (Pikmin: New Play Control? Ugh, it makes me sick), and make something new for once. They can't live off the DS's and Wii's success forever.

Write it in big, dude. Make the world hear our pain.

Actually, it doesn't look like it's doing nearly as well as the DSlite... as they released the DSlite just as the casual market ruined the DS forever.
Probably not for long.

SirIngusBingus

Why would Nintendo put cameras in it? Everything else has a camera in it already. My theory is that Nintendo feels that they should become more like Sony and its PSP, with online access, music, etc. They think this will make them more popular. But the thing is, Nintendo is not a pocket-sized computer company. It's a gaming company. They should stick to what they do best.

SuperFireKirby

and if they do put and camera in it at least make it so it's not a complete peice of shit. cough'0.3 megapixels'cough.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

pumpy_heart

SD cards anyone?
Opens up the possibilities of even more DS to Wii options in upcoming game.
A hard drive on a DS is totally worth the upgrade. Or I think so at least.
Homebrew going to go crazy with that freakin SD slot though XD

SirIngusBingus

Is there anyone on this forum who has a DSi?

Tranzlater

Probably not for long.

Olimar12345

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on April 21, 2009, 12:38:16 PMIs there anyone on this forum who has a DSi?

i do! ;D  i think it was well worth it too! of course i didnt really find a need for the gba slot because its old and only kept games in it to keep dust out, but i supose that if u really wanted one that u could go spend $10 and actually buy a gba...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

omega

I have a DS (yeah, the original) I got it for 60$ (heck yea for my gamestop manager brother-in-law)
I still play sever gameboy advance title including Final fantasy tactics advance (one of the best)
GBA had some really cool games and guitar hero (though I haven't played the DS one) Is a very fun game and They threw not only it but the rumble pack as well... and all for what A quarter in slimmer at best, if you think the DS is big try hiding the brick sized gameboy, I personally have no problem fitting it in any of my pockets

So,

I don't see any reason for anyone to buy a DSi
LOOK I CAN TAKE CRAPPY PICTURES THAT ARE EVEN LOWER QUALITY THAN A BARBIE CAMERA!!! AND THEN I CAN PUT STARS AND HEARTS ALL OVER IT YAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!! (I only know it is better than a barbie camera cause my sister has one, its 1.0 megapixel BTW)

Yea... I'm not impressed except you can buy the original mario for 10 times the actual price!*

*(notarealestimatebasedontheactualpricejustastatementofannoyanceblahblahblah)

So yea in my opinion the DSi is crap money waster especially if you have a previous system.
The odds of there being a bomb on a plane are a million to one. The odds of there being two bombs on a plane are a million times a million to one. So next time you fly, cut the odds and bring a bomb.

Sir Awesomesauce

Quote from: pumpy_heart on April 20, 2009, 07:14:33 PMHomebrew going to go crazy with that freakin SD slot though XD

It's the only reason to buy a console for the third time, really.
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Zintendo

ok seriously i will be honest i only read the first page of everyones post, but it seems like no one is talking about the sd card. 

dont you realize what this means?

more likely than not, insane hacks for the ds like what you could do with the psp, doom64, old school mario, etc from roms and whatnot. 

also, I hate gameboy advance games.  the absolute only good ones were super mario bros. games, which you could find on virtual console anyways. 

Not to mention, bigger screen, better sound, new buttom scheme, internet surfing, slimmer overall, buttons click instead of having rubber pads, etc etc etc the menu is waaaaay different when you first start up a DS-i its like going on your wii.

Yeah i used to play Contra4 6 hours a day, and my little ds lite couldnt take it.  the game is a side-scroller, very similar to the metal slug series.  Since I always die and get pissed, I cram my thumbs onto the d-pads right button (It's a side scroller)  and now that button is so worn down you would only have to barely tap it and it would work.  DS-i has that satisfying computer click noise, not too loud but nice, for D-Pad and ABXY, and of course L and R buttons.

I am getting A DS-i within a month, along with The Conduit.  summer break will be the best one ever!

SuperFireKirby

SD card is the biggest improvement of all.

Zintendo

And hey, seriously people, if you're not going to get the DS-i and your L and/or R button does not work, I have the solution.

You carry your DS fat/lite in your pocket, or whatever without a case, dust, lint, etc gets into the space of the button(s) without you realising it. 

A short-term solution is to blow as hard as you can into the buttons side.  If you really want to fix it and make it brand new, you are going to have some materials like a cotton swab with good safeforDS cleaning chemicals, screwdrivers and stuff.  Take your DS apart and get all that dust out. 

My grandma still has an old ds, and her l and r buttons work just fine.   ;D ;D ;D I know some of you are really happy i told you about this