News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Mulit-submissions under one piece

Started by Magus Darkwind, April 28, 2009, 09:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magus Darkwind

Ok, there are many great pieces and arrangements, but let us say I wanted to post a different interpretation of a certain piece, could I do so?
Necrophobe: "Enough of this! DIE!!!"
*casts flare*
Gilgamesh: "I believe that's MY line!!!"
*Self-destruct* They both die

kotorfanboy

I like the idea, but only if it was different enough.

I had a similar idea that somebody could make an "easy" sheet to be posted alongside particularly difficult sheets on the site.

Though while I like your idea, I don't have any authority to make it happen. :P Sorry.

Magus Darkwind

Yes, I would figure it would be quite different. Another thing, let us say someone posted a piece, but the submission was wrong, like it was changed too much, or it just wasn't the same piece, is there be a way that those could be replaced/removed?
*casts flare*

Jamaha

Yes, of course. As a matter of fact, there are probably plenty of those sheets on the site.

Just let me finish the tool for doing that....

Magus Darkwind

*casts flare*

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: JaMaHa on April 29, 2009, 02:09:58 AMYes, of course. As a matter of fact, there are probably plenty of those sheets on the site.

Just let me finish the tool for doing that....

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm, JaMaHa?

Quote from: Magus Darkwind on April 28, 2009, 09:51:06 PMYes, I would figure it would be quite different. Another thing, let us say someone posted a piece, but the submission was wrong, like it was changed too much, or it just wasn't the same piece, is there be a way that those could be replaced/removed?

http://ninsheetmusic.drshnaps.com/smf/index.php?topic=1443.0

Jamaha

Nope, none at all.

As a matter of fact, I would say that I'm more than halfway done now.

Cobraroll

*intensely hopes that he doesn't mean "since September"*

By the way, is it possible to request songs that I would like someone to have a look at? As in, songs already on site that need a little polish?
Perhaps in the other thread, I'll post it there.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Brassman388

That's what the fixing the sheets as for. But i mainly want to do that. I love polishing.

Magus Darkwind

I almost feel the same way, because it is a lot of work to get the setup done, i.e. measures, and rhythm (R.H.)
*casts flare*

Brassman388

ALPRAS

I remember to make a the Super Mario Bros 2 "character select", and it wasnt aproved because it was already on the site, and because my version was too hard.... maybe its a good time to put in on my submissions list..

MaestroUGC

There should a few different versions of some songs. There are those pieces that either everyone plays or just aren't exciting enough, I know I feel that way. So there needs to be at least easy and hard versions for the songs that people want. I've arranged a few songs that can be filed under "virtuoso" simply to fill the desire to make an overplayed piece more exciting.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Cobraroll

Yeah, that could work. We could mark some songs with an asterisk (*) if we have different versions of it, the asterisked version indicates a higher level of difficulty (and awesomeness). Or something like that.

Let's all hear what the mods have to say about this, there's a fair few songs that could deserve that treatment.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Uh, we don't need different difficulties, but we can have different versions.  For example, the Super Mario Overworld theme now has 2 sheets, one by MaestroUGC and one by MetroidHunter26, if there is a crappy song and it need to be redone, we'll just replace it, but if you've got a special version or something, I'll look at it and see.