News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Positions

Started by Magus Darkwind, April 29, 2009, 10:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

We're talking about improving the rank names.

Brassman388

I would go for...

Typesetter.

Apprentice Arranger.

Arranger.

Apprentice Composer.

Composer.

Something along those lines.

SirIngusBingus

Bad idea. I'm up to the 3rd level, and I haven't got a single arrangement on this site.

Brassman388

Then we should have a ranking for how many arrangements we submitted. Along with how may posts we make.

Magus Darkwind

YES, once, or course, we can start submitting again.
Necrophobe: "Enough of this! DIE!!!"
*casts flare*
Gilgamesh: "I believe that's MY line!!!"
*Self-destruct* They both die

Cobraroll

^^Well, wouldn't be very fair, though. Look at GreekGeek for instance, he has a good 40 files in his thread, all good arrangements, but none of them are on the site yet. With the "only one submission at a time"-rule, it will take him four years (with monthly updates) to get up them all, and ranks would progress very slowly for everyone as well.

The "post count gives ranks" system works well, but we should have a "no life"-rank obtained at 10,000 posts.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Magus Darkwind

I think the rule is there so that we don't get a bunch of crappy pieces all at once per say, and secondly, I think if a persons arrangements are good, then he will be allowed to submit more, more quickly. And just an idea, I think we should have a page for video game compositions. (If we do, let us hope we don't get too many battle themes)
*casts flare*

KefkaticFanatic

The old system was great, nothing is going to top it.  How about we not care about ranks until after the rest of the site is fixed?

me irl
[close]

Palagerini

Quote from: Gamer4250 on May 01, 2009, 05:09:19 PMThe old system was great, nothing is going to top it.  How about we not care about ranks until after the rest of the site is fixed?
Agreed. Gotta look at the big picture first. =P
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

GreekGeek

Quote from: Magus Darkwind on May 01, 2009, 03:02:14 PMI think the rule is there so that we don't get a bunch of crappy pieces all at once per say, and secondly, I think if a persons arrangements are good, then he will be allowed to submit more, more quickly. And just an idea, I think we should have a page for video game compositions. (If we do, let us hope we don't get too many battle themes)

NSM has got a page like that. But like "GreekGeek's Compositions". But it's in an obscure area of this forum, where people never come, so it doesn't work. I've got like 15 video game compositions, but as long as no one is gonna watch that part of the site, I won't update them.

Magus Darkwind

If it were on the main page(not forums) I would surely look at them ;D
*casts flare*

GreekGeek

Quote from: Magus Darkwind on May 02, 2009, 10:24:55 AMIf it were on the main page(not forums) I would surely look at them ;D

Haha, but there isn't much interesting on the main page ATM ;) So check the forums out too ;D

Magus Darkwind

I am trying to, but it would still be much easier ;D
*casts flare*

jake3343

Quote from: JaMaHa on May 01, 2009, 02:01:35 AMExtremely old topics have been wiped out.

Twice.

Actually, you can go to www.archive.org and find web pages that were deleted. I found the nsm forums from a while ago, and they have the cool names. I can try and piece together what they were. I found a couple such as Star Fox Salsa, King K. Rool Rap, and Ridley's Requim.

Tranzlater

Quote from: jake3343 on May 14, 2009, 04:35:24 PM
Quote from: JaMaHa on May 01, 2009, 02:01:35 AMExtremely old topics have been wiped out.

Twice.

Actually, you can go to www.archive.org and find web pages that were deleted. I found the nsm forums from a while ago, and they have the cool names. I can try and piece together what they were. I found a couple such as Star Fox Salsa, King K. Rool Rap, and Ridley's Requim.

How?
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.