News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Finale

Started by Magus Darkwind, April 30, 2009, 09:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magus Darkwind

Hey does anyone know how to put dynamics into the music? Alongside, I can't get the crescendo/decrescendo to work properly, and does anyone know how to put in staccatos? And Finale(finally) I have gotten some of the music from this site, and I see they have the Title, Composer, and Arranger, but I can only get it to input Title and Composer, and let us say I wanted to change the Title for a composition of mine, how would I do that? Thanks guys  ;D
Necrophobe: "Enough of this! DIE!!!"
*casts flare*
Gilgamesh: "I believe that's MY line!!!"
*Self-destruct* They both die

kotorfanboy

Most of the advanced changes you'd make to a finale sheet can only be done with purchased versions of finale. You can tell someone with a higher version of Finale what to do, and they'll do it for you in this topic: http://ninsheetmusic.drshnaps.com/smf/index.php?topic=685.0

To change all of the text on your page, click on the text icon in the toolbar. It should be a symbol of an A. Once you click on that, small white boxes will appear around the words on the page. Double click on these to edit title, song, etc, or double click anywhere on the page to insert a new text box. If you click and hold on a white box, you can drag it around to different parts of the screen.

Magus Darkwind

OK thank you. A couple different questions, A is there a way to insert the pedal? And B is there a way to add a note to the RH while the right is already doing something, (in other words, I place a whole A note, and on the 2nd count I want it to also play a B, is there a way I could do that?)
*casts flare*

WiiMan96

A. Yes, you can insert the Sustain Pedal. Go into the 'Articulation' tab and pick out the one that slightly resembles 'Leo'. Use a * (also in articulation) to release the sustain pedal.

B. If you mean playing two parts at the one time, use layers. At the bottom left of the application there should be numbers 1 through to 4. Click on each to go to a different layer. Start at layer 2 (red) for adding more layers.

Hope this helps.  ;D

Magus Darkwind

Oh ok thanks, well that actually answer the question about dynamics too. ;D
*casts flare*