Pokémon Gold and Silver returns - for the DS

Started by Cobraroll, May 08, 2009, 03:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blah54

i just could never stand having to charge the vs. seeker, it was a pain... and in third gen, you could get exp far better by fighting your friends in their secret bases, fighting lvl 80+ pokemon is far better experience than any normal trainer...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

HugoMeister

You know how there's that info that there's going to be something never before seen in any of the games?

Its probably not right, but I keep having this thought that you could go to more than 2 regions. For example, you could get to Johto, Kanto, and possibly Hoenn and Sinnoh.

That's probably not right, but meh, a pokemaniac can hope, can't he?

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

PseudoMario16

Quote from: HugoMeister on May 26, 2009, 01:05:36 PMYou know how there's that info that there's going to be something never before seen in any of the games?

Its probably not right, but I keep having this thought that you could go to more than 2 regions. For example, you could get to Johto, Kanto, and possibly Hoenn and Sinnoh.

That's probably not right, but meh, a pokemaniac can hope, can't he?
that would be the best game ever.

also, does anyone know when these games are coming out?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

GreekGeek

Quote from: PseudoMario16 on July 02, 2009, 12:53:09 PMalso, does anyone know when these games are coming out?
It will be released 09/12/2009 in Japan and somewhere in 2010 in America, they don't know yet.
Source: www.gamefaqs.com

Shadoninja

Quote from: Cobraroll on May 14, 2009, 02:21:44 PM^Now you're kidding, right?

With the VS seeker, you could do what would be the most plausible thing to do when you wanted a battle in the Pokémon world: Send a signal to any trainers around you, who would respond yes/no depending on their mood. Also, you could battle almost whenever you wanted. No need to walk around in the grass for training, or exp. share in the Elite Four, you could train your Pokémon vs. other trainers, and nearly everyone wanted a rematch when you wanted.

With the Pokénav phone, you'd actually have to wait an eternity before someone wanted to battle, plus the fact that G/S/C had no places suitable for Pokémon training either. Plus, ninety percent of the calls you got was from trainers telling you that they had almost cought a Tentacool.
I guess "both" would be a great solution, that you had certain trainers to keep in better contact with, who would also get stronger Pokémon than the regular VS seeker trainers. We'll have to wait and see.

Faster battles, however, would be welcomed. Though, I think that has more to do with the DS's capacity than aestetic purposes.
*ring*
HI THERE DO YOU WANT TO BATTLE?

uh... no dude I just called to say I almost caught a weedle. you wanna hear about i-*hangs up*

>: (
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

HugoMeister

Hi Honey, I found the most useful item shopping, and I bought it with your money. Sorry. Its in your PC.

....another potion. Thanks Mom.

GreekGeek

Quote from: HugoMeister on July 05, 2009, 04:29:02 PMHi Honey, I found the most useful item shopping, and I bought it with your money. Sorry. Its in your PC.

....another potion. Thanks Mom.
The joke being?

HugoMeister

....the stupidity and annoyance of your mom calling with prospects of a useful item, when its a crappy potion?

...your problem being?

GreekGeek

Quote from: HugoMeister on July 06, 2009, 12:01:32 AM....the stupidity and annoyance of your mom calling with prospects of a useful item, when its a crappy potion?

...your problem being?
My problem being not understanding the joke. Which isn't actually a problem.

It took some time to get the joke, I'm sorry. Couldn't get the link well enough.

Gooch

How would they depict the evolutions of the starters? Last I checked, most of the third forms are twice your size.

Cobraroll

^ http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/goldsteelix.jpg
Picture shows a Steelix, which normally is the size of a large bus. Unfortunately, they're all shrinked down in the walk-around view.

I'm curious about Diglett/Dugtrio (do they leave a trench?), Lileep/Cradily (no feet), and basically any water Pokémon (ditto).
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SirIngusBingus

Wait, so any Pokemon will walk behind you in this game? Huh. I'll expect most sprites will look like they do in the Mystery Dungeon games.

HugoMeister

http://www.youtube.com/user/giancarloparimango11

Go nuts everyone.

To explain the sprites, yes, all 493 have the capability of following you around. The sprites do reflect actual sizes (larger pokemon appear larger than you, smaller appear smaller etc), but its not 'exact' if you get what I mean.

SirIngusBingus

Whoa, CG?

And what was that pedometer thing it comes with? That's a little too nerdy to actually wear...

KefkaticFanatic

Which is why I'll Macgyver something up that will constantly shake it so I don't have to worry about that.

me irl
[close]