Guide to Making a Proper Request - READ BEFORE POSTING! (Updated: 7/03/12)

Started by KefkaticFanatic, May 27, 2009, 08:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

Bubbles, can I ask why you became the new request mod?

Legitly not being passive aggressive, genuinely interested.

Bubbles

I took a job opening. Pretty simple actually :P Too bad I can't do that in the real world :/

JDMEK5

Wait, what? Bubbles is mod now? Congratulations Bubbles!

Why can't I be a mod?....? :-P

Hey, let me know if you ever need help with your newly-acquired moderator duties! :P
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

FireArrow

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on May 28, 2013, 03:50:17 PMI took a job opening. Pretty simple actually :P Too bad I can't do that in the real world :/

guise, theres a job opening in the halp form
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

DonValentino

Oh, congrats Bubbles! If you need any help, count with me! I used to help Shado a lot with all the requests, so hopefully I can help you too. :D

MusicMeister47

Stupid question. Can we request music from a fangame like Mario and Luigi rpg 4?

FierceDeity

You can request whatever you want; that doesn't mean an arranger's going to do it :P

Personally, I prefer arranging songs from games that I'm familiar with, and I would assume that applies at least on some level to other arrangers on here. If I were you, I'd take slow's advice and take a crack at arranging them myself. If you ever wanted to get into arranging, this is a pretty good starting point, as far as transcription goes; the songs are relatively simple/not too layered.

...As for whether songs from that game would be put on the main site, I would imagine so, but I'm not entirely sure.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck :)

SlowPokemon

I am around 99% certain we can't put music from a fan game on the website, especially since the fan game is a copyright infringement of Nintendo's characters...

Not to mention there's already a game called Mario & Luigi RPG 4 (that's the Japanese title of Mario & Luigi Dream Team)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FierceDeity

Well, the music is original, and I can't imagine us getting in trouble over their copyright infringement. It seems like we'd be ripping off nintendo even less than usual...
As long as we indicate that it's a fanmade game, I don't see why it should be a problem.
EDIT: Granted, I haven't studied law or anything. I'm just curious as to how arranging music that isn't even nintendo's would cause a copyright dispute with them.

SlowPokemon

I'm still saying no, but a mod would have to decide that officially.

DonValentino

Not that anyone cares, but I think it shouldn't be a problem. Were not actually doing anything with the characters, were just arranging the music, and in most of the cases, it's either composed by someone else not related to Nintendo or it's reused from another game (so the arrangement should be the one from the original, of course).

Anyways, as long as there is copyright, I think everything should go just fine.

That said, I wouldn't really approve of uploading those arrangements of fanmade songs to the site. But sincerely I can't see why we can't have them here in the forums.

SlowPokemon

Well of course we can arrange them here. I don't think they should be allowed on the site is what I was saying. Therefore I don't think official requests should be allowed.