News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Updating Imperfect Sheets

Started by Sir Awesomesauce, May 21, 2009, 09:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Awesomesauce

Let's face it: not all of NSM's sheets are perfect. Some of them, sadly, are hardly even accurate. If an arranger makes an improved version (a completely new arrangement, not a revision), and submits it, would it be accepted? Would the other sheet be deleted, or would they both be kept?

Bleh, this probably should have gone on the Help board. Oh well a mod can move it if it's really needed.
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

GreekGeek

This might be ahead a little bit. There's sooo many sheets to be submitted that it's impossible to organize. It will take us ages to figure out which sheets are correct. Maybe it's an idea if we submit two sheets p.p. The arranger chooses two sheets which he/she thinks is best and puts them under a seperate heading. Then people will check them and if being found correct, the mod will upload them.
Just an idea...

Cobraroll

Umm... like:

http://ninsheetmusic.drshnaps.com/smf/index.php?topic=1443.0 ?

But I agree, I have seen quite a few sheets that completely drown in their own bass, or that sound really awkward when played in real life. It would be great to have a full quality check.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Zintendo

Magic Hags shop in Majoras Mask by Jimbabwe has more then a couple wrong notes, and I had to download the mp3 to my iPod and repetitively listen to various parts of the song dozens of times to correct it..
(pain in the ass)

so awesome idea Sir Awesomesauce.

GreekGeek

Quote from: Zintendo on May 21, 2009, 03:27:03 PMMagic Hags shop in Majoras Mask by Jimbabwe has more then a couple wrong notes, and I had to download the mp3 to my iPod and repetitively listen to various parts of the song dozens of times to correct it..
(pain in the ass)

so awesome idea Sir Awesomesauce.
No one said it was gonna be easy and done in a fortnight, but we don't want wrong sheets uploaded.

Brassman388

I fixed all of those mistakes. Just look in my thread.

Zintendo

Quote from: Brassman388 on May 21, 2009, 03:31:01 PMI fixed all of those mistakes. Just look in my thread.

Fix up Labyrinth under legend of zelda too.  That song pissed me off even more, and i was just learning sheet music when i got that, and i did it wrong so i thought but the sheet was wrong.  the solo at the end especially for the treble is all jacked up.

and belive me, i know its hard to write sheet music.  I had trouble getting those 5 easy notes for the warioware theme.

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Zintendo on May 21, 2009, 03:37:02 PMI had trouble getting those 5 easy notes for the warioware theme.

Yeah. The second one was wrong.

Brassman388

GreekGeek

Hahaha.
You earn my respect, whether you want it or not.

SirIngusBingus

Sir Awesomesauce

I don't feel like my question was answered...

Brassman388

"Fixing the Sheets Project II"

I'm a bit too lazy to put up a link.

It's located in the submission thread. First one stickied.

Sir Awesomesauce

You should explain what that is to me, since the first post in that topic explains nothing. By fixing do you mean changing a few notes? Or re-uploading? Do new arrangements replace old ones? Are the arrangements new at all?

Brassman388

Doing what ever is necessary to make the sheet as accurate to the real song, while keeping it playable.

Changing notes, key sigs, time sigs, whatever you need to just to make the song right.