News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

The Birthday Topic

Started by HugoMeister, March 07, 2008, 10:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero of Trains

Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

mayastarr041

Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

Hero of Trains

What, you're not going to hug me back?  ;)
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

mayastarr041

Hero of Trains

Well then, I guess I'll just have to hug you one way for now!  ;)

mayastarr041

Quote from: Hero of Trains on July 20, 2015, 05:38:02 PMWell then, I guess I'll just have to hug you one way for now!  ;)
I'm just kidding! :)
Get over here!
*HUGSHUGSHUGSHUGSHUGSHUGS*

Hero of Trains

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Why don't we all hop on the tinychat and have this fun party? :D
what is shitpost

Hero of Trains

Because I'm too young... :(

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Right, because people actually pay attention to that, especially to people who aren't harming anyone..
what is shitpost

Maelstrom

This is one of those rampant chit-chats that truly made me smile.

Hero of Trains

I'm glad it made you happy! :D

Sebastian

Happy Birthday, Maya. I'm so so so so so sorry about your Mom :/
Please don't blame yourself. My life is hard too.....but not even as close to as hard as your's.
I'll be praying for you :)

mayastarr041

Quote from: mariolegofan on July 20, 2015, 08:01:44 PMHappy Birthday, Maya. I'm so so so so so sorry about your Mom :/
Please don't blame yourself. My life is hard too.....but not even as close to as hard as your's.
I'll be praying for you :)
Thank you mlf. God bless you! You are a good person.

TheMarioPianist

Wow; just realized I haven't posted anything here but "I'm in!" Anyway, back to what I actually wanted to say.

Happy Birthday. Its a funny phrase, actually. It seems like society pressures us to have a good time on our birthday. Rightfully so, I mean, without your birth, you wouldn't be here, right? I know its summertime, but I'm gonna throw a little math in here. Going from your 1st to 2nd birthday, your age doubles. But by the time you go from 13 to 14, that's only a 7.7% increase. Basically, each year becomes less and less of your overall life. That's actually why it can feel like the years between 18-30 are the middle of your life even if you live to 100. Unfortunately, this repetitive celebration can become, well, repetitive. And some people, if they are depressed, stressed, or obsessed about something, cannot be cheered up, even by the familiar tune of Happy Birthday. But that's where people like us come in. Life is a marathon, but not everyone can finish first. In fact, there is no placing. What matters is the ability to endure the trials we face during the race and to cross the finish line no matter what. And there are no shortcuts. Now, I'm not saying that getting past the death of a loved one is "normal;" in fact, no one should ever have to go through that. But rest assured, you never have to go through any of this alone. You have all of us. No one here is going to judge you; the only thing we critique is sheet music. What right would we (or anyone, for that matter) have to judge human emotion? None. I can't say I can relate to your situation, but 3 years ago my cousin's husband was found dead at home after not even being married for a year. They listed the cause as accidental, but due to his service in the Armed Forces there is at least a fair chance it could have been suicide. Our family was devastated. It was completely unexpected for me, especially because I rarely saw him, but I wept openly when I saw my cousin at the calling hours. Even now, 3 years after, my mom can't listen to the song Party Rock Anthem because it was the theme song at their wedding reception. Now, I'm not gonna say to "man up," because that would be completely insensitive and probably even sexist. I'm not even going to say that you need to move on, because the grieving process is normal. Especially with the story you had, you might be grieving for your whole life. But that is no reason to blame yourself for what happened. What you said you experienced afterwards was exactly like you said: a nightmare. While some dreams may have messages or lessons, this is not one of them. It was a reaction by your brain due to pure shock. For some reason, you took your dream demon's words as gospel. And the Gospels tell stories of exorcising demons; they don't accept them as evangelists. I'm sorry I had to even go into the sad parts of your life. Every life has its sad parts, but no one deserves a sad life. As Audrey Hepburn, a British actress and humanitarian once said, "The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters." Let us know if you ever need help, a friend, or just someone to talk to. We'll be your safety net. We're not professionals, but "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light" (Helen Keller). I'll keep you in my prayers. And like I said at the beginning of this post, Happy (belated by the time I've finished typing this) Birthday. :)
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player