News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

So...how did GameMusicWorld die?

Started by The_Dude1212, June 06, 2009, 05:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Dude1212

Same story as NSM, with the domain expiration, etc., etc.?

Oh, and ALPRAS, if you're out there, whats the SMB arrangement like, unless you haven't had the time to work on it?

dahans

I have a question: What are rivals of NSM? Doesn't own BK his own site?
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Jamaha

Rivals? I hate this goddamn 'rivalry'.

We're sheet music resources, not some companies trying to kick others out of business. Of course that's just my opinion, I don't know how these 'rivals' feel.

Brassman388

There is no rivalry, plenty of the members arrange for both sites.

dahans

OK that's good. And are there other sites too?

SirIngusBingus

There are a few others, but most of them haven't done anything in a while.

We're the biggest, anyway.

dahans

Yeah :) NSM FTW! But does BK own a sheet music site or not?

Brassman388

Not anymore... I think he handed it down to Hugo. I'm not entirely sure.

SirIngusBingus

Yes. B-K used to bve in charge of GameMusicWorld, but then after the site went down, the domain was changed to VgVirtuoso and ownership was given to Hugo.

KefkaticFanatic

That would explain his mysterious absence.

me irl
[close]

HugoMeister

Atleast BK didn't die.

But yeah, it kinda got handed down to me, and I share ownership with others. (everything seems to end up with me somehow or another -_-)

Quote from: JaMaHa on June 07, 2009, 01:26:39 AMRivals? I hate this goddamn 'rivalry'.

We're sheet music resources, not some companies trying to kick others out of business. Of course that's just my opinion, I don't know how these 'rivals' feel.

I don't see it as, nor do I want it to be, a rivalry, but for some reason the majority of the community and others seem to be under that impression.

We're developing the new site in a way that doesn't take away from NSM (such as placing emphasis on non-piano sheets), and perhaps might even be looked at as a 'partnership', even if we aren't affiliated or whatever. I, for one, arrange all my piano pieces for NSM only, and that's the way its going to stay.

While I'm at it, we're not a clone either. People take one glance at a site that's under construction and immediately the conclusion is "ugh another clone". We're not, ok? GMW may have been, but hey, my staff didn't create that site, and once I took ownership over it, look where I took it.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

KefkaticFanatic

I wish I could, but my school blocks it for "Games".

Fuck them.

Also, everybody needs to understand that just because there are two sites that serve a similar purpose doesn't mean that they're trying to compete.  It's not like fansites for a game hate each other and try to steal members from one another.  They form a collective meant to benefit all players.

me irl
[close]

SirIngusBingus

NSM and VgV are both great sites. The fact that VgV arranges for ensembles makes it different. I, personally, see no reason for any tension between the two of them, and really could see them cooperating on intersite stuff in the future. I, personally, am currently arranging (or at least, attempting to arrange) for both sites. Wheras NSM is great for learning songs for yourself, VgV is where to go if you want to get your school Jazz Band playin' some Super Mario.

kotorfanboy

Speaking of which, I'm not sure if ALPRAS ever finished that :P

Dude1212, you might want to just ask ebuch for his arrangement of it, since I haven't seen ALPRAS around in a while.