News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

It is done!

Started by Jamaha, June 15, 2009, 11:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreekGeek

Quote from: Nintendude73 on June 18, 2009, 06:22:03 AMUnplayable generally means, from my experience, that there are impossible reaches in the song.  Someone wise told me a long time ago that anything that asks you to play over more than an octave with one hand is impossible.  I can't think of any unplayable songs off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are some on the site that still haven't been fixed.
Sorry, that's crap. I can easily play chords with an octave + third in between.

SirIngusBingus

What are you, an Aipom?

GreekGeek

Hahahahaha. That one's great, seriously. Although I'd said an "Ambipom". I have two hands you see ;)

No, just a tall person with exceptional large hands :D

SirIngusBingus

What the hell's an Ambipom?

Oh yeah, that's one of those stupid evolution Pokemon that they added without telling anybody.

GreekGeek

Exactly. The idea of "we can't be original, so let's just create an umptiest evolution of a Pokémon that didn't evolve before".

Brassman388

Wow, I go for a day and a half, and all that in page 3 happens.

Nintendude73

Quote from: GreekGeek on June 18, 2009, 07:20:41 AM
Quote from: Nintendude73 on June 18, 2009, 06:22:03 AMUnplayable generally means, from my experience, that there are impossible reaches in the song.  Someone wise told me a long time ago that anything that asks you to play over more than an octave with one hand is impossible.  I can't think of any unplayable songs off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are some on the site that still haven't been fixed.
Sorry, that's crap. I can easily play chords with an octave + third in between.
Just going by what someone told me.  You must be an exception to their rule. :P

GreekGeek

I believe that's what some one told you, but I think it's incorrect :-[

mantis985

Like the Sam Waetford's Banjo Kazooie theme where the right hand played fast 16th note arpeggios over 2 1/2 octaves(without 8va not to mention) and polka style left hand parts with eighth notes spaced almost two octaves apart.  I think it was fixed, but THAT was impossible.

kotorfanboy

Octave is standard reach limit on songs. Some people can reach farther than that, but we can't be hating on them tiny-handed little people. Octave is a good standard, which is why we use it.

And welcome back Nintendude.

Nintendude73

KefkaticFanatic

Unplayable is the Princess' Secret Slide by Gori Fater.  Really unplayable.

me irl
[close]

ALPRAS

Quote from: mantis985 on June 19, 2009, 10:04:04 AMLike the Sam Waetford's Banjo Kazooie theme where the right hand played fast 16th note arpeggios over 2 1/2 octaves(without 8va not to mention) and polka style left hand parts with eighth notes spaced almost two octaves apart.  I think it was fixed, but THAT was impossible.

Ive re-made Sam Waetford's BK theme arrangement, but nobody  has left me to submit it... the 8vas in the LH were completely fixed, and some wrong notes were fixed too..

Quote from: Gamer4250 on June 20, 2009, 12:10:00 PMUnplayable is the Princess' Secret Slide by Gori Fater.  Really unplayable.

from what game?

WiiMan96

Quote from: ALPRAS on June 20, 2009, 02:48:53 PM
Quote from: Gamer4250 on June 20, 2009, 12:10:00 PMUnplayable is the Princess' Secret Slide by Gori Fater.  Really unplayable.
from what game?

Super Mario 64? Possibly the one on GameMusicThemes?  :P This makes me want to revise the 'Slide' arrangement already on the site...

KefkaticFanatic

Yes, that one.  And Greek, do you mean chords like the ones in Rachmaninoff's Prelude in C# Minor?  If so, those aren't a problem at all.

me irl
[close]