MaestroUGC's Virtuoso Submissions *Nihil*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 18, 2009, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALPRAS

Quote from: GreekGeek on June 19, 2009, 11:22:14 PM
Quote from: ALPRAS on June 19, 2009, 03:20:48 PMIts playable. ive already played it :P But we need to have great pianistic skills to play it...
Okay, that was a little too much self esteem Antonio, sorry :P
I agree it are great arrangements, but I keep things realistic. Sorry if you feel hurt, that wasn't why I said it.

Relax, you didnt hurt me ;)
I mean, Ive already Print the arrangement, and I could play it, but of course that theres some parts that you almost need to be a Lizst or
rachmaninoff to play it perfectly. This is what I meant to say :P

MaestroUGC

Quote from: MasterPenguin on June 20, 2009, 03:54:18 AMI fail to see how removing notes creates overcrowding.  :P

No, adding notes in certain areas, it creates discomfort in the right hand.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

Quote from: GreekGeek on June 19, 2009, 12:40:48 PMMaybe I misunderstood. Sorry in that case. But I think Maestro's arrangement is cool, but maybe not the goal of this site if I may say so. It is cool to have some hard sheets, but the use of this site is to provide playable sheet music to people and not to make impossible master pieces.

That's just my opinion, sorry.

Now, that may be true, but the goal of the site should also be to provide acurate sheets as well. Although the dificulty is important, we should make the site appeal to everyone who plays piano. Now i know there's a fair line between hard and impossible, however these are quite playable with practice.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

So these are all of the arrangements I've completed, my next set of ten will include:

[SNES] Super Casltevania IV-"Entrance"
[NES] Metroid-"Brinstar"
[NES] The Legend of Zelda-"Darkworld"
[NES] Dr. Mario-"Fever"
[SNES] Yoshi's Island-"Hop Hop Donut Lifts"
[N64] Mojora's Mask-"Deku Nut Palace"
[GB] Super Mario Land-"Birabuto"
[N64] Super Mario 64-"Final Bowser"
[Wii] Super SmashBros. Brawl-"Main Theme"
[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy-"Final Battle"

Cobraroll

That.

Is. The most. Epic. List. Ever.

Just a question from an enthusiast, do you plan on making any Pokémon arrangements? I guess there has to be some songs from there that could do well with a little spice.

Keep it up. It's awesome.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Cobraroll on June 26, 2009, 09:09:25 AMdo you plan on making any Pokémon arrangements?
I will, maybe, anything in particular you want me to do?

Cobraroll

Hmmm... there's only one piece I have seen a really good "spicing" of. The original Elite Four Theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zzU24fxuqo
Well, it's just an example, but it sounds a little better than the original. This is what the original would sound like on piano (can't seem to find the game audio, it's so similiar to the Gym Theme that no one uploaded both):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYTv2TGX7QU

Of course, there's also Route 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0G12EBW4KY
Main Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv59sWEQgMk&feature=related
Poké Center: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9_CAMg4ewk&feature=related
And the famous Trainer Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jmty_NiaXc

So yeah, those are the most promintent examples. Also, check out Silph. Co's Theme on this site. Can't find a proper audio, I don't have time now.

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

MaestroUGC

^So I don't show any signs of favoritism, and I have other requests, I'll do the Elite four and the Main theme.

Cobraroll

dahans

THE CASTLE ARRANGEMENT IS AMAZING!!! You need 1000 Liszts to play it though, but nevertheless well done!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

MaestroUGC

^No its still playable, but would need to be the reincarnation of Liszt himself to pay.

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Brassman388

Quote from: Cobraroll on June 19, 2009, 12:33:34 PM^I think he more meant to say that Brassman's arrangement, while near-perfect, isn't the style UGC's looking for. Brassman made it stay as true to the in-game music in SMB/3 as possible, UGC made it so that it sounds optimal, as good as possible, if not that accurate. It's accuracy vs. polishing, not that Brassman is a bad arranger. It's just that Brassman went for accuracy, while UGC polished the original piece.

Haha, yeah, I agree with cobra. What I want to acomplish with all my arrangments is perfection through accuracy. I listen to the acual song itself, then create what I can from it. I think it's called transcribing. I think.

As for you Mr MaestroUGC, I have to give you major cudos. Although, your chord usage can be more effectively used. Not to say that your chord usage isn't bad, it's just it gets to be a bit much in some areas. Though, what I find fantastic, is your use of styles. Your variations of all your songs is something I could never do.

Hope I could of been of some asistance in becoming a better arranger. Happy arranging.

MaestroUGC

Wow, I recieved a complement from Brassman...thanks. I know some of the chords used are over done, but I've only been arranging for a month. I'm more of an orchestrator in that respect. Thanks again.

Brassman388

Do you mind if I edit Castle theme from Super Mario World? I really like it, but it could use some polishing.