News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Nooooo, really? I never would have guessed.

FierceDeity

If you consider this to be covering anything up, then I don't even wanna see what you consider an actual confrontation, hahahaha

Olimar12345

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 25, 2014, 07:30:54 PMXbone has been having a bit of trouble, but PS4 sales have been fantastic.  However, both are leaps and bounds ahead of Wii U.

The biggest issue with Wii U is the archaic online and outdated hardware which will guarantee it never gets a big 3rd party showing.  The only way for Nintendo to zap some life into it would be to buy a bunch of studios or make a lot more publishing deals like they did with Bayonetta so that they can actually have a library to make the console more appealing to the average consumer.  They also need to actually freaking advertise for once since half of everyone just thinks it's some addon for the Wii or barely different.

Honestly I would hope they would just make this a short life console and give us a real next gen machine within another year or two, but seeing them kick life into some of their more unused IP (a la Retro with Metroid) and maybe spark up some new ones would also be fabulous.  This upcoming E3 (well their not really E3 Nintendo Direct) is probably the most important moment for the near future of Nintendo.

This so hard. I agree with blue that the wii had a nice library of games, but sparingly were they 3rd party games. And on the topic of Metroid, fans want another game so much that they've gone to making their own. Ghost Song: A Journey of Hope, ReVeN, and Paradise Lost: First Contact are all Metroid-esque games that all destroied their kickstarter goal.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FierceDeity

Back when the whole "Nintendo finally lowered their sales projections for the WiiU, they're so fuuucked" thing was going on, the one potential solution that I saw that I really liked was the idea of Nintendo actually making use of all their stockpiled money to pump a shitload of first party games for the WiiU, and worry more about third party support for the next wave of consoles. Easier said than done, obviously, but there's no denying that first party games are the main reason anyone buys Nintendo consoles, anyways.

KefkaticFanatic

Yea, I would love to see them give other studios some of their more neglected franchises, i.e. Star Fox or F Zero, and let them take their own direction with it.  We could end up with a bunch of amazing games like how Retro did their own thing with Metroid.

me irl
[close]

FierceDeity

Retro won't have my full respect until they make a new DK64 style game. God knows Rare isn't gonna do it with banjo kazooie...

I mean, yeah, new, unique approaches to old games are great, but I feel like that formula with DK64 and Banjo Kazooie/Tooie wasn't explored neeearly enough. also it's not like there's anything particularly new or unique about what retro's doing with donkey kong at the moment, so...

Kman96

Quote from: FierceDeity on March 26, 2014, 08:37:44 PMRetro won't have my full respect until they make a new DK64 style game. God knows Rare isn't gonna do it with banjo kazooie...

I mean, yeah, new, unique approaches to old games are great, but I feel like that formula with DK64 and Banjo Kazooie/Tooie wasn't explored neeearly enough. also it's not like there's anything particularly new or unique about what retro's doing with donkey kong at the moment, so...
I really feel like there needs to be a Donkey Kong 64 reboot/remake, because that game was SO good.

I haven't played Banjo Kazooie yet  :'(
Party Hard!
[close]

KefkaticFanatic

I'm disappointed that they've been going the whole "lets just rehash the old game with fancy visuals" route that Nintendo has been doing with DK, but given that we did only have one DK64 I would probably not mind a 'rehash' in that sort of manner so much :P

Plus like FD said, there's plenty more to expand on in the big collection adventure game.

me irl
[close]

Yugi

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on March 26, 2014, 09:26:29 AMAlso, Persona 3's lack of letting me control any members in my party except the protagonist is really starting to bug me. It completely takes the strategy out of fights, which is the one fun thing about turned-based combat. Also, party members do tons of things that piss me off.
MARINKARINMARINKARINMARINKARINMARINKARINMARINKARINMARINKARINMARINKARINMARINKARINMARINKARINMARINKARINMARINKARINMARINKARINMARINKARINMARINKARINMARINKARINMARINKARINMARINKARINMARINKARINMARINKARINMARINKARIN

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Yugi

Guess who just beat mega man 2 without getting a single game over  8)

KefkaticFanatic

pffft everybody knows that's impossible

me irl
[close]

FierceDeity

He probably used item 2 on heat man's stage, like a quitter.

Yugi

No the yoku block puzzle is entirely doable.

Seriously why do people say it's hard.

FierceDeity

Doable? Yes. Doable in one run without dying or just having spent an absurd amount of time memorizing it? No. No it is not.

livestream or it didn't happen, yo