News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

ALttP is very, very difficult, but the game is pretty open ended and you'll have a lot of fun just exploring
Skyward Sword has a super cute story, and it looks like it's the biggest influence on Breath of the Wild
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 20, 2016, 10:36:37 AMALttP is very, very difficult, but the game is pretty open ended and you'll have a lot of fun just exploring
Skyward Sword has a super cute story, and it looks like it's the biggest influence on Breath of the Wild

To be fair Majora's Mask was also very very difficult and I beat it without a guide
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

majora's mask has nothing on A Link to the Past
I think the only zelda game harder than it is Zelda II
unmotivated

Dudeman

I really don't think ALttP is as hard as you're making it out to be. Like, sure, the dungeons can be confusing on a first playthrough, but I never found combat or progression a struggle. If anything, I'd say the original is harder, in terms of the 2D top-down titles.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

let's say this is you

[]
this is your sword's hitbox
[]-
unmotivated

Dudeman

In the original, maybe. You make a swiping motion in ALttP, which means your hitbox covers the quarter-circle space from Link's right to in front of him. You also swing quickly, meaning you can spam the attack button and keep your front covered from most attacks. The problem is turning to face enemies in the first place, which is only a problem sometimes.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

you're gonna constantly get game overs for the first ~third of the game
unmotivated

Dudeman

This is starting to sound like a personal problem tbh

Dude

I mean when I was 8 I had the same issues, but now it's a cakewalk.

LeviR.star

Dust Man's stage in Mega Man III is driving me crazy. It's so long, and I always die either in the crusher section or by falling into a spike pit.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 21, 2016, 11:48:48 AMDust Man's stage in Mega Man III is driving me crazy. It's so long, and I always die either in the crusher section or by falling into a spike pit.
SOMEBODY ELSE KNOWS ABOUT THIS HELLISH STAGE
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

EDIT: Forgive the outburst. A friend and I have a running joke that Dust Man doesn't exist because of the pain and suffering I experienced over this very stage.

Maelstrom

Oh yes, I am familiar with that friend.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

LeviR.star

When a room suddenly smells like bug spray, it's probably because Cranky Kong passed gas.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 21, 2016, 11:48:48 AMDust Man's stage in Mega Man III is driving me crazy.
Good, I'm not alone.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.