News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on July 27, 2017, 06:27:29 PMOk that last part I understand but most of the fun of an adventure game is in the adventure game is in the adventure itself. After you've been through it once you already know where everything is so it's no longer an adventure which always killed the fun for me.
You've got a strange definition of adventure, then. I always considered an adventure to be an exciting journey, not necessarily one that you've never taken before. I'm sure there are tons of members here who could tell you countless games they've played where the second or third or even fourth playthrough of a game they love is still an adventure.
QuoteSide note: I'm going through as many Pokemon games as it requires to catch 1 of every shiny Pokemon including all alternate forms. Are there post-gen 4 Pokemon that are shiny locked in every method to obtain them? Also is there a way to get a legit shiny Arceus (fuck I need 18 of those)?
jesus man do you want to go insane
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Trainer Ave

I think it's too late for that.
Fortunately for me though I can use the Cute Charm Glitch in diamond pearl Platinum HeartGold and SoulSilver to get any Pokemon that can be either gender as a shiny. Most of the ones that are genderless or always one gender I can chain or soft reset for. I can masuda breed all the starters. After that the 6th gender has the friend safari and the Dex nav and the friend safari. The shiny odds for both of these are the same as masuda breeding (1/512).
So basically I just need to know about shiny locks. Granted this may take years but I'm fine with that.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Trainer Ave

Tried that but I could only find shiny locks for specific encounters and I don't really know the newer games well enough to know if there is more than one way to obtain certain Pokemon
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Maelstrom

On the subject of replaying games being boring: Metroid games encourage replaying to beat the game faster and get better endings.

mastersuperfan

999 encourages replaying because you kinda can't truly finish the game if you don't
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dudeman

Undertale encourages replayi--
drowns under backlash

SlowPokemon

If I like a game enough, I'll play it four or five times at least. See: all the Laytons, Ace Attorneys, Majora's Mask. I like to make sure I've combed every corner of a game I like that much.

I made it to the Sky Keep. Hoping to get this game done tomorrow, realistically feeling like it might be Saturday. It always takes me like three real life days to do anything in this game.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Echo

Just played through Ghost Trick (by the same guy who made Ace Attorney), and damn it's a really good game if you like puzzles and mystery stories. Definitely recommend everyone to try it out if possible. I think it's like 10 bucks or something for iOS, and you can try the first couple of sections for free.

K-NiGhT

So a quick Nuzlocke update since the forum opens when I open up my browser.

I've finished HeartGold in-between play sessions of X. I honestly can't bring myself to continue X for some reason. It just bores the crap out of me now. I'm almost to the 8th Gym, but I'm not sure why I can't bring myself to just get it together and finish the game.

Other than that, all I have left is White and Omega Ruby. I might start those in the meantime.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Echo on July 28, 2017, 12:40:45 AMJust played through Ghost Trick (by the same guy who made Ace Attorney), and damn it's a really good game if you like puzzles and mystery stories. Definitely recommend everyone to try it out if possible. I think it's like 10 bucks or something for iOS, and you can try the first couple of sections for free.

Ghost Trick is a great game! Lots of funny Ace Attorney style humor and absolutely superb puzzle design.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

games with strong stories encourage replaying because it's like rereading a book but better
unmotivated

Nebbles

Speaking of Ace Attorney, I finished Apollo Justice and now I need the other two ones... but ughhh they're digital download only W H Y
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Trainer Ave

I was referring to games where the main focus is on exploration.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Zunawe

Games like what? My mind goes to things like No Man's Sky and Far Cry where there's generally so much content and space to explore that you don't have to stop playing in the first place.

But in something like Zelda, Skyrim, Dragon Quest, Dark Souls, etc..., either each new visit is unique or the point is to gain new experiences or insight into the game's story and design. In my view.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things