News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

I just wish the 3D effect wasn't done so poorly.  It does look sort of neat in battles but the slowdown it causes makes the game unenjoyable when kept on.

I hear ALBW does the 3D really well so at least that's something to look forward to when I get that eventually.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

The 3D effect is usually pretty meh in games. The worst 3D I've seen on the system is Pokemon X and Y.

However, certain games use it really well, my favorite uses being Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright. It also adds some weight to games like Fire Emblem and Super Mario 3D Land.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Yugi

I have the Awakening Blues as well.

Echo

So, uh, what's with the surge of new Fire Emblem Awakening players lately? Did everyone just get it for Christmas/Boxing Day or something? Just wondering since it's kinda uncanny to have a wave of new players almost a year after it came out. >_>

On a related note, just about to start Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and Luigi & Mario Dream Team. Not sure what to expect since I've heard mixed reviews about them from some of my friends, but after this I'll have played every game in both those series, so I might as well finish them off.

FierceDeity

For me, it was the combination of Christmas and an ample supply of free time.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Echo on January 08, 2014, 01:08:25 AMSo, uh, what's with the surge of new Fire Emblem Awakening players lately? Did everyone just get it for Christmas/Boxing Day or something? Just wondering since it's kinda uncanny to have a wave of new players almost a year after it came out. >_>

On a related note, just about to start Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and Luigi & Mario Dream Team. Not sure what to expect since I've heard mixed reviews about them from some of my friends, but after this I'll have played every game in both those series, so I might as well finish them off.
it's been on my list of games tp get for a while, and i finally had money to buy it
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

Give Dream Team a fair chance and I'm sure you'll love it. If nothing else the soundtrack is fantastic.

mikey

I've actually gotten around to really playing A Link to the Past!  It's a great game so far, the only thing that bugs me are the controls for combat and the difficulty variation between the overworld, dungeons, and bosses, with bosses being easy and me dying 24/7 in the overworld.
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 08, 2014, 06:34:54 AMGive Dream Team a fair chance and I'm sure you'll love it. If nothing else the soundtrack is fantastic.
i probably will sometime, but there are a bunch of other games I want to get.

SlowPokemon

K-NiGhT

Oh lol i figured you were talking to me cuz u didn't quote xD

KefkaticFanatic

Just finished MGS4.  Easily one of my favorite series, with twists that surprise you even at the veeeeery last minute :P

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Oh, that reminds me! Yesterday I 100% completed HarmoKnight, with gold on all levels including the fast versions. 'Twas a really fun game, highly recommended. Only took about 5 hours to finish the main game, but 100% completion took close to fourteen hours. Lots of value for an eShop game, and it's really addictive.

Waddle Bro

HarmoKnight is the best eShop game I've played.

SlowPokemon

I'd agree with that, if you don't count Ace Attorney 5 (which beats it by a long shot). I might say Attack of the Friday Monsters is better, too, though that's just more my style.