News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 11, 2014, 04:33:49 PMA bunch of super nitpicky stuff about a game I don't have direct experience with.
The whole point of a review is to review something you have experienced. Watching a Walkthrough, Let's Play, Speed run, or anything like that is not a direct experience.

That's like me reviewing a movie I heard described by a friend.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Sebastian

Quote from: Dude on August 11, 2014, 06:26:49 PMBut you haven't experienced it so your opinion is shit.
Doubtful
As I said, my opinion

blueflower999

It's his thread, let him do what he wants.  :P

Although, I would suggest adding a note to the review saying that you don't have any first-hand experience with the game. Just for clarification.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

mikey

Quote from: blueflower999 on August 11, 2014, 08:39:36 PMIt's his thread, let him do what he wants.  :P

Although, I would suggest adding a note to the review saying that you don't have any first-hand experience with the game. Just for clarification.
Good guy blue :p
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Some games are so bad you just know they're bad before you play them.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

But it's in the playing of them that makes it so special.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FierceDeity

Quote from: Dude on August 11, 2014, 06:26:49 PMBut you haven't experienced it so your opinion is shit.

^^
Seriously what the hell haha. Like, I know none of us are professional critics or anything, but imagine reading a film review by somebody who never watched the film. Most respectable critics watch a film twice at a minimum. Maybe we don't expect that much from game reviews, but we still go in assuming that the reviewer has some level of expertise or above average knowledge concerning the game, of which you clearly have neither if you haven't played it... Especially considering your entire review was essentially "This game isn't exactly like TTYD!", a reservation which might have been resolved by playing the game, and realizing "Oh wait this wasn't SUPPOSED to be a cookie cutter sequel."

Sebastian

Quote from: FierceDeity on August 12, 2014, 03:28:04 PM^^
Seriously what the hell haha. Like, I know none of us are professional critics or anything, but imagine reading a film review by somebody who never watched the film. Most respectable critics watch a film twice at a minimum. Maybe we don't expect that much from game reviews, but we still go in assuming that the reviewer has some level of expertise or above average knowledge concerning the game, of which you clearly have neither if you haven't played it... Especially considering your entire review was essentially "This game isn't exactly like TTYD!", a reservation which might have been resolved by playing the game, and realizing "Oh wait this wasn't SUPPOSED to be a cookie cutter sequel."
This is a little offensive. I dont JUST like TTYD. I like all 3. And the 4th isn't like any of them.
Well.....I did say for the 3rd time, "My Opinion." :)
And a walkthrough is technically playing it.
I know your mad at me but dont just flame everything I say please.

mikey

Twilight Princess or Spirit Tracks next?
Just assume I've never played either
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 12, 2014, 07:10:17 PMTwilight Princess or Spirit Tracks next?
Of what I've heard, Twilight Princess. :)

InfinitySoul

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 12, 2014, 07:10:17 PMTwilight Princess or Spirit Tracks next?

Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game plus is the first one I ever played! So go with that!

Kman96

I'M DOING A THREE-HEART CHALLENGE ON LINK BETWEEN WORLDS. IT'S NOT TOO BAD RIGHT NOW, BUT I JUST GOTTA FIND ONE MORE BOTTLE AND JACK MYSELF UP ON FAIRIES.

OML I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH ITS SO MUCH FUN.
Party Hard!
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Twilight Princess, I feel, gets way more flack than it deserves because it was legitimately a FANTASTIC game. Not my favorite LoZ, albeit, but still incredible in it's own right. And it was milessss better than Spirit Tracks

Also reviewing a game you haven't played is bullshit. Goho-M

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

McDucky

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 13, 2014, 11:46:29 PMTwilight Princess

Yes, I absolutely loved it. It's almost as high up on my list as OoT.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.