What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Skyward Sword is 4 years old
I still consider that game brand new (might have something to do with the absence of Zelda from wii u...)
unmotivated

ThatGamer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 20, 2015, 03:12:35 PMSkyward Sword is 4 years old
I still consider that game brand new (might have something to do with the absence of Zelda from wii u...)

Play MM3D or OoT3D!
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Maelstrom

MM3D is nowhere near as good as the original.
Just saying.

ThatGamer

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 20, 2015, 05:34:51 PMMM3D is nowhere near as good as the original.
Just saying.

Are we starting a "Melee is better than Brawl" argument?  :P

I never played MM64. But MM3D I do agree; sucks. Got it with my new 3DS and pretty much quit after entering the Swamp. Hate those puzzling parts. You wouldn't believe the stress I had with the water temple in OoT...
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 20, 2015, 05:34:51 PMMM3D is nowhere near as good as the original.
Just saying.
MM3D makes me want to go back in time and prevent myself from playing the original.
Just my personal opinion.

EDIT:
Quote from: ThatGamer on August 20, 2015, 05:37:52 PMAre we starting a "Melee is better than Brawl" argument?  :P

I never played MM64. But MM3D I do agree; sucks. Got it with my new 3DS and pretty much quit after entering the Swamp. Hate those puzzling parts. You wouldn't believe the stress I had with the water temple in OoT...
Also, yes we are. :P

If you're having trouble with MM3D, you're not going to like the original at all. Compared to the remake, it's a painful, boring, confusing slog (which it really shouldn't be, something that defies all expectations!).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ThatGamer

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 20, 2015, 05:40:34 PMMM3D makes me want to go back in time and prevent myself from playing the original.

EDIT:Also, yes we are. :P

If you're having trouble with MM3D, you're not going to like the original at all. Compared to the remake, it's a painful, boring, confusing slog (which it really shouldn't be, something that defies all expectations!).

I just have a bit of trouble doing the puzzling parts. With my PDD-NOS, which contributes to it, it's worse.  :-\

Maelstrom

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 20, 2015, 05:40:34 PMMM3D makes me want to go back in time and prevent myself from playing the original.
I couldn't get more than 3 hours into the 3D version because Tatl was so irritating.
I guess I'm just the kind of person who likes puzzles in games to be actual puzzles, and not have everything spelled out for them. It felt like the game was leading me through every single step and never letting go. But, when I play a Legend of Zelda game, the last thing I want is to constantly be told what to do. I want to figure it all out on my own.

mikey

I don't think the stuff in Majora's Mask is spelled out at all compared to the games between Wind Waker and Skyward Sword.  Not that I mind the hand-holding at all, it's still fun either way.
Quote from: Maelstrom on August 20, 2015, 06:03:31 PMI couldn't get more than 3 hours into the 3D version because Tatl was so irritating.
That's disappointing.
I've never played the original before but as far as I can tell from reviews the changes made were pretty much necessary, didn't most people keep track of events by writing them down IRL?
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Literally EVERYTHING I've heard pins 3D as the better incarnation by far
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

I forgot to mention that I'm also really weird because I like the Great Bay temple, so you probably won't agree with anything I say about the game anyway.

Also, I hate the fact that they made all the owl statues hard saves.
Having only one shot at say, saving Romani Ranch, and not being able to simply reset and start from your last save point made the game all the more intense.

ThatGamer

Well, knowing that Tati pretty much spells out what to do and I still can't get past the Swamp, that helped my confidence...

KefkaticFanatic

There are hardly any changes beyond small convenience updates and a substantially better save system.  If you're complaining about hand holding then you probably needed it in the first place, as it's not noticeable unless you seek it out.  There's no requirement to constantly talk to your fairy or go into the ez walkthrough stone.

me irl
[close]

mikey

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 20, 2015, 06:43:00 PMbeing able to simply reset and start from your last save point
who does that
unmotivated

ThatGamer

Dude

Still playing animal crossing new leaf