Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 11, 2016, 01:35:11 PMALTERNATIVELY
YOU COULD PLAY THEM IN TIMELINE ORDER AND TELL EVERYONE WHAT YOU THINK
I don't know what to make of this statement. It seems strange because it's completely capitalised. An explanation would be nice.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mikey

http://zeldawiki.org/Zelda_Timeline (potential spoilers)

Spoiler
[close]

and A Link Between Worlds belongs in the hero is defeated timeline after ALTTP-Oracle-LA
unmotivated

WaluigiTime64

Yep, that's what I figured. I don't know if that's a good way of going about it.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Hero of Trains

Guys, I really want to play Spirit of Justice but I don't have a functional DS and I also still haven't found any way to play DD (I can't buy anything from the eShop because I messed up my account) and I'm really sad. I'm seriously contemplating bribing my friend to let me buy it on their DS.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

mikey

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on September 11, 2016, 02:17:10 PMYep, that's what I figured. I don't know if that's a good way of going about it.
Skyward Sword is on VC for 20 bucks, Minish Cap is on VC for 8 but is an easily emulated game, FS can be skipped, OoT is a fantastic investment and is 20 dollars as a digital download.  From there you can decide which timeline split you want to explore first.  Defeated timeline is full of cheap (<$10 USD) downloads, but also has ALBW and TFH that are not as cheap.  It's also the hardest one.  Child timeline is for the realistic gameplay and contains majora's mask and twilight princess, which are both the more "dark" type zelda games.  Then you've got the cel-shaded adult link timeline, which is AWESOME because it has wind waker in it.
unmotivated

Dudeman

I don't know if I can recommend playing in timeline order if you've never touched the series before, simply because that means starting with Skyward Sword, which is pretty unconventional as Zelda games go. I recommend starting with either A Link to the Past (for the 2D titles) or Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess (for the 3D titles). Don't worry about any timeline stuff unless you really want to get into the lore of the series.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sebastian

I'd recommend starting with Ocarina of Time.

mikey

I wouldn't recommend starting with ocarina of time if you've heard about it.  The game is overhyped and isn't nearly as good as a lot of others in the series
unmotivated

Dudeman

Yeah, it's overhyped, but I don't think it's mediocre at all. The dungeon design and sense of adventure is second to none. No reason to discount it imo. Plus I like to avoid comparing the 2D games to the 3D games because they have a lot of core differences which prevent fair comparisons.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on September 12, 2016, 06:25:31 PMYeah, it's overhyped, but I don't think it's mediocre at all. The dungeon design and sense of adventure is second to none. No reason to discount it imo. Plus I like to avoid comparing the 2D games to the 3D games because they have a lot of core differences which prevent fair comparisons.
wind waker's dungeon design overall was better and more consistent.  Ocarina of Time's dungeons were either hits (Forest Temple, Water Temple) or huge misses (Jabu Jabu, Shadow Temple)  Maybe it's just because I like wind waker so much that it feels like a "perfected" ocarina of time to me.  By no means is OoT mediocre.  Only zelda game I'd call mediocre is AoL and maybe like FS or something idk.  Ocarina of Time is probably the most nostalgia-inducing game of all of them, and I think that confuses a lot of fans and makes them rate it better than it actually is.  If he's heard absolutely nothing about OoT, then sure, go for it.  But it can lead to a lot of disappointment when it doesn't live up to the hype (which it won't, I'm willing to bet).
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Hero of Trains on September 12, 2016, 05:13:35 PMGuys, I really want to play Spirit of Justice but I don't have a functional DS and I also still haven't found any way to play DD (I can't buy anything from the eShop because I messed up my account) and I'm really sad. I'm seriously contemplating bribing my friend to let me buy it on their DS.

Worth noting that Dual Destinies is on iOS too (for cheaper and in HD)! But yeah that is a bummer.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Trainer Ave

I really got no sense of adventure playing ocarina of time. Every time I'd go off to explore the world I would get this:

HEY LISTEN LOOK HEY HEY HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN LOOK HEY HEY HEY LISTEN
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

cashwarrior1

I say start with either Spirit Tracks, Minish Cap or Wind Waker. Those are good starting games. I started with Phantom Hourglass, which is considered to be the worst zelda game for anybody who didn't start with it. I think that starting with Phantom Hourglass makes all the other zelda games 100 times better.

EDIT: I wrote this before reading anything, lol, I'm late to the party!  :P

Dudeman

Although I love Spirit Tracks to death, I wouldn't recommend it for a first game 'cause of the touch screen control scheme and how traversing the overworld is on rails (literally). But it is great, and the Tower of Spirits is leagues better than the Temple of the Ocean King could ever dream of being.

cashwarrior1

IMO the touch screen isn't that bad (it's more fun imo) and riding on rails is... somewhat fun... Also, Temple of the Ocean King is one of my favorite dungeons (Right behind Tower of Spirits).