News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Pictures/Videos Topic

Started by KefkaticFanatic, July 20, 2009, 06:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Mashi's use of uncommon and more sophisticated(I guess) vocabulary is epic.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

A thesaurus doesn't make you sophisticated.

me irl
[close]

DrP

Quote from: Mashi on July 10, 2011, 01:54:45 PMkinda??? ???
I am confused.

EDIT- Oh, my mistake, you just spelled "consummately" incorrectly.
EDIT 2- I added the ??? Face because it's amazing.
I used an understatement there -- literally device that doesn't hype it as much (meaning when I say kinda in this case, it means THE MOST EPIC THING EVER!)

Mashi

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on July 10, 2011, 03:44:15 PMA thesaurus doesn't make you sophisticated.
Hey, I don't use a thesaurus... frequently.
But anyway, most of the things I say are done directly from my head.  I only use a thesaurus (Along with a dictionary, mind you!) as a study material for my SATs.

SlowPokemon

Not trying to be mean, but it makes it sound like you're trying to show off. ;)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

That's because I am!

Well, that, and it makes words much more easier to remember if I actually use them.

SlowPokemon

Oho! A word fanatic and yet you use the phrase "more easier"...tsk tsk
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

Shhh, that's a bad habit on mine.  I'm working on my grammar as we speak, but have been spending most of my time on vocabulary.

But anyway, I think I've derailed this topic enough, so I'll be quiet now.

KefkaticFanatic

SAT vocab is bullshit anyway.  Only one of the questions actually uses the absurd words that no real person would ever use and are only in ancient texts, and 80% of the time you can get them by context.  The rest are simple.

me irl
[close]

ETFROXX

SuperFireKirby

^^GREATEST

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on July 10, 2011, 09:05:36 PMSAT vocab is bullshit anyway.  Only one of the questions actually uses the absurd words that no real person would ever use and are only in ancient texts, and 80% of the time you can get them by context.  The rest are simple.
I think he's doing it for the essay portion where it is a good idea to use that kind of vocabulary

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Saria

Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 11, 2011, 06:42:46 AMI think he's doing it for the essay portion where it is a good idea to use that kind of vocabulary

Hahahahhahhaha.

Have you read the top scoring essays?  They're utter horseshit.  They can have terrible vocab, spelling, and grammar and give some BS sob story about how they had some terrible life experience and instantly get top marks.

No colleges actually care about the writing portion anyway.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on July 11, 2011, 12:02:38 PMHahahahhahhaha.

Have you read the top scoring essays?
No, I have better things to do than read SAT essays. :P