Main Menu

Pictures/Videos Topic

Started by KefkaticFanatic, July 20, 2009, 06:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EFitTrainr

Everyone call me elf monster!
I like food.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Ruto

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 03, 2011, 07:07:34 PMHarry Potter is not retarded. Lord of the Rings was actually written very blandly despite having a good story. Harry Potter was at least something you didn't have to trudge through.

O__O;;;;;

What.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Clanker37

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 03, 2011, 07:07:34 PMHarry Potter is not retarded. Lord of the Rings was actually written very blandly despite having a good story. Harry Potter was at least something you didn't have to trudge through.
Agreed. I tried reading the first book and A.The writing was too small B. I couldn't make a lick of sense of story. After they left the hobbit place suddenly they were sleeping in huts and in random forests all of a sudden. Quite an effort to understand what was happening. The Hobbit was better

SuperFireKirby

While I admit JR Tolkien, despite creating one of the greatest(if not the greatest) trilogies of all time, the prose which LoTR was written in was not all that great. BUT REGARDLESS, it wasn't difficult to understand either. I made perfect sense of the books with minimum double takes on paragraphs and pages. So I really don't get where Clanker's coming from.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on September 04, 2011, 08:10:53 AMWhile I admit JR Tolkien, despite creating one of the greatest(if not the greatest) trilogies of all time, the prose which LoTR was written in was not all that great. BUT REGARDLESS, it wasn't difficult to understand either. I made perfect sense of the books with minimum double takes on paragraphs and pages. So I really don't get where Clanker's coming from.

Oh it wasn't hard to understand, it just wasn't written amazingly. It's a great, even fantastic story, just it wasn't written very well... I had this discussion recently with my Latin teacher actually.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 03, 2011, 07:07:34 PMLord of the Rings was actually written very blandly despite having a good story.

Actually, it wasn't.

me irl
[close]

Mashi

When I tried reading the Lord of Rings, I think what eventually made me uninterested towards the books was their lengths.  The plot wasn't moving fast enough for me to enjoy.  I also recall being vexed by constant switching of narratives about different characters when they were separated at one point, which is where I stopped in the second book, I believe.

Ruto

Damn it, Kefka!!! I HAD to run to find my copy of TTT when you wrote that...

"They stood on a wet floor of polished stone, the doorstep, as it were, of a rough-hewn gate of rock opening dark behind them. But in front a thin veil of water was hung, so near that Frodo could have put an outstretched arm into it. It faced westward. The level shafts of the setting sun behind beat upon it, and the red light was broken into many flickering beams of ever-changing colour. It was as if they stood at the window of some elven-tower, curtained with threaded jewels of silver and gold, and ruby, sapphire and amethyst, all kindled with an unconsuming fire."

-The Two Towers p. 317

Not too shabby :D

Might want to check out The Lays of Beleriand too.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Nebbles

Quote from: triforced1 on September 03, 2011, 08:20:03 PMLol'd so hard. An Engrish version of Pokemon Crystal.

I LOVE THAT SO MUCH OH MY GOD

I discovered it months ago and my face was so red from laughing.

The "bag fuck" things get me the most. XD
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

triforced1

Eggie!Drug
BAG       FUCK

Saria

Harry Potter had humor. :3

'He forced Hermione to how Snape her teeth - she was doing her best to hide them with her hands, though this was difficult as they had now grown past her collar. Pansy Parkinson and the other Slytherin girls were doubled up with silent giggles, pointing at Hermione from behind Snape's back.
       Snape looked coldly at Hermione, then said, "I see no difference."
       Hermione let a a whimper; her eyes filled with tears, she turned on her heel and ran, ran all the way up the corridor and out of sight.'

-Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire; page 299-300

And it wasn't a happy-go-lucky series. :<

'"Dobby, no, don't die - "
       The elf's eyes found him, and his lips trembled with the effort to form words,
       "Harry... Potter..."
       Harry's voice was still saying, "Dobby... Dobby..." even though he knew that the elf had gone where he could not call him back.'

Then Harry and the other buried Dobby properly - without magic. And Harry carved words on Dobby's tombstone that said, 'HERE LIES DOBBY, A FREE ELF'

-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows; parts of page 476-478

I miss Dobby. :'(    
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Brassman388

Dobby was pretty badass.  May he rest in peace.

Saria

Dobby was my favorite character. He was so cute. :'(

^Oho look what sells. :3
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Jub3r7

Speaking of which, I once had a nightmare where Dobby was a dwarf from LOTR.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]