News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Know your song! OVER

Started by Dalonzo, July 17, 2009, 10:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple1222119

Make short pauses in between each song next time. And also leave it at three seconds. Next game now please
My Youtube! Featuring Orchestrations of Nintendo music and more!
Latest Tracks: Super Mario RPG & Superstar Saga HD ReMIX

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: GreekGeek on July 22, 2009, 05:15:38 PM
Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 22, 2009, 05:05:36 PMI think four seconds would make it better.

I'm sure that one second is gonna make the difference, Ingus ;)

1 second is about two beats more, which could make all the difference.

kotorfanboy

Maybe we pm you the guesses, so we don't get discredited for someone having the luck of watching the video first. That way, if everyone knows a certain song, they all get points for knowing that song, not whoever guesses first.

Besides that, a brief pause in between the clips would be nice.

Great game idea overall.

and bleh, I should have gotten more of the songs than I did.

SirIngusBingus

Kotor's first idea would make things soooooooo much better.

Dalonzo

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 23, 2009, 04:51:17 PMKotor's first idea would make things soooooooo much better.

We can try it out some time, although there would be no member to member interaction and the 'oh i got this one right' and the 'dang someone got it before i did'.

kotorfanboy

The "dang someone got it before I did" is bad. It doesn't show any more skill, just shows they happened to be in the right place and the right time.

and you could still show off "oh i got this one right" because at the end of the round, you could post how points everyone got and what their guesses were and the like. They you could update the scoreboard and allow maybe 2 guesses for each song? Because this way it sort of died out after 1st round. And as the round went along the amount of guesses you got would increase.

Dalonzo

Quote from: kotorfanboy on July 23, 2009, 08:20:11 PMThe "dang someone got it before I did" is bad. It doesn't show any more skill, just shows they happened to be in the right place and the right time.

and you could still show off "oh i got this one right" because at the end of the round, you could post how points everyone got and what their guesses were and the like. They you could update the scoreboard and allow maybe 2 guesses for each song? Because this way it sort of died out after 1st round. And as the round went along the amount of guesses you got would increase.

now that i think about it it does sound like a good idea, except maybe it would be kinda dull to wait for the deadline to see if you got any right answers (im thinking 3 to 5 days). anyway thanks for the feedback...we gotta try it next edition.

SirIngusBingus

OH! I JUST GOT THE BEST IDEA!!

What if you had signups at the start of the game (say, 6 people play), and then each person got their own individual video with 10 songs. They guess at everything they know for their video, and then at the end of the round, the videos are ROTATED. The next person to get the vid guesses at the remaining songs. Those songs are slightly more valuable than last round. (No hints, as this is the first time you're seeing the songs.) After everyone gets all the vids, we could either go around again with hints, or end the game.

*Ingus applauds himself

GreekGeek

^ *Greek applauds*

Lots of "buts", but it might work pretty damn well. However, what if 7 people want to participate for instance? Still I think it's a great idea.

Nana1Popo2

^ lol, Ingus has his own audience applauding.

i think it would work well! ^_^
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Dalonzo

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 26, 2009, 08:33:05 AMOH! I JUST GOT THE BEST IDEA!!

What if you had signups at the start of the game (say, 6 people play), and then each person got their own individual video with 10 songs. They guess at everything they know for their video, and then at the end of the round, the videos are ROTATED. The next person to get the vid guesses at the remaining songs. Those songs are slightly more valuable than last round. (No hints, as this is the first time you're seeing the songs.) After everyone gets all the vids, we could either go around again with hints, or end the game.

*Ingus applauds himself

Wow, that actually sounds really good. I'm guessing you're suggesting a PM system again? And I would have to upload them to mediafire and give them specific links, cause if not they could see the other vids in my channel. :D

SirIngusBingus

There's no reason for PMing or Mediafire, you can post the vids and guesses right in the topic. You're just only allowed to guess at your own video. Simple. Who cares if you see what the last person guessed right? You can't guess at those songs, they're taken already.

Dalonzo

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 28, 2009, 08:25:25 AMThere's no reason for PMing or Mediafire, you can post the vids and guesses right in the topic. You're just only allowed to guess at your own video. Simple. Who cares if you see what the last person guessed right? You can't guess at those songs, they're taken already.

ok, i thought that they'd be secret from each other. it's a great idea!

Purple1222119

Now let's start the next game!  ;D

...plz?
My Youtube! Featuring Orchestrations of Nintendo music and more!
Latest Tracks: Super Mario RPG & Superstar Saga HD ReMIX

Dalonzo

Quote from: Purple1222119 on July 28, 2009, 09:14:34 PMNow let's start the next game!  ;D

...plz?

the 'next' is about to end, i'm already planning edition 3 :D