News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Gamescom '09 (Cologne)

Started by Gu4n, July 26, 2009, 03:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gu4n

- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Wii): bad demo. Many cutscenes, which aren't skippable. The demo contained various aspects: shooting in the air with the main character (aiming and shooting, nothing new); walking around town while doing some missions; controlling an airship (which didn't work too well); and shoot enemies while being chased. Except for the town, all those events were too long and added next to none to the game. The style is pretty cool, the characters are designed well, but the textures of the environment sometimes completely suck (Nintendo 64-era). It was ok.
- Final Fantasy Dissidia (PSP): Not only fanservice, but also a decent game. The construction where the PSP was inserted in made playing more difficult. Technically well made, graphically above average and the gameplay is pretty fun. I sucked with Terra, but kicked everyone's ass with Cloud.

Just this for now. Got to leave, so I'll continue later on.

KefkaticFanatic

Alright cool, thanks.

I'm pretty sure they intentionally made Cloud easy to play, cause I was good with him right away yet other characters were more difficult.

me irl
[close]

SirIngusBingus

Well, Dissidia sounds pretty much like I expected, but I was hoping for a bit more from the Crystal Bearers. Kinda a bummer, but I suppose hoping for a good Crystal Chronicles game is asking for a bit much now.  :-\

Thanks for the info, G-Han.

Gu4n

Yeah, it definitely didn't live up to my expectations.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom - Can't say too much about it, but it really is a worthy fighter voor the Wii. A substitute for the lack of Street Fighter IV. It also includes a Fighting Stick Wii Controller, so that gives back the feeling of ol' arcade halls.
Blur - It felt like some hybrid between the overall look of Need for Speed, the engine of Project Gotham Racing and the power-ups from Mario Kart. Short note: I liked Blur way better than Mario Kart Wii.

KefkaticFanatic

Yeah, I played the Japanese version of Tatsunoku vs. Capcom (my friend imported it), and it's definitely a fun fighter.

It's cool to know that there's another Mario Kart-esque racing game coming out, I love those.

me irl
[close]

Tranzlater

Well someone has to ask about Modern Warfare 2.

Oh and monster hunter 3?
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Gu4n

Modern Warfare 2 was damn exclusive. I was actually pretty lucky to be at the demonstration, but unfortunately I couldn't play the game myself (no one could, except for the Infinity Ward-dude). It looks incredible, the music was awesome, but I wondered one thing: to what extent does the game feature innovations?

And to be honest: I didn't like Monster Hunter 3 at all. Sure, I'm studying Japanese cultures so I hoped I would might understand the hype, but I don't. The gameplay is slow and repetitive, but both the world and monsters are incredibly huge. So I'm not saying it's a bad game (far from it: online with friends would totally rock), but I seriously have my wits about it. Famitsu rated the game 40/40, which is FAR too high in my opinion.

KefkaticFanatic

Famitsu also rated Brawl 40/40, they're no longer a legitimate review source.  They just get paid by the publishers.

me irl
[close]