News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

"Fulfilling the Requests" Project (Out of Service)

Started by WiiMan96, July 31, 2009, 07:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiiMan's pretty cool.

He found every request
1 (3.7%)
Then he organized them all
1 (3.7%)
Made a thread that had progress
0 (0%)
Then made a site to organize them
1 (3.7%)
Yeah he's pretty cool.
7 (25.9%)
*claps*
11 (40.7%)
I agree  -Shadoninja
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

spitllama

Lemme know if you need any help WiiMan
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

NintendoPianoGirl

I know I sound stupid right now... But why are there fulfilled requests that aren't on the sight? Sorry for asking such a stupid question. I'm just confused :P
I was basically raised by Nintendo.

Shadoninja

Quote from: NintendoPianoGirl on December 25, 2011, 03:54:33 PMI know I sound stupid right now... But why are there fulfilled requests that aren't on the sight? Sorry for asking such a stupid question. I'm just confused :P
It's because each arranger is only allowed to submit 3 sheets per submission period. If one were to, for example, complete 4 requests, then assuming they submit only fulfilled requests they will have 1 sheet that is not being submitted.

of course there's also the possibility that they submit sheets that were not requests.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Winter

Or the sheet may have not been accepted.

spitllama

Or they never bothered to submit them

Or they aren't Nintendo music and can't be accepted
Submissions Page

Winter

We accept all video game music, not just Nintendo music. Although we specialize in Nintendo music.. because it's better.

spitllama

Is that a new deal? Cause I've stumbled upon plenty of old topics with updaters saying "you can arrange it but it won't be accepted" for non-Nintendo games
Submissions Page

Shadoninja

Quote from: spitllama on December 25, 2011, 08:38:17 PMIs that a new deal? Cause I've stumbled upon plenty of old topics with updaters saying "you can arrange it but it won't be accepted" for non-Nintendo games

the keyword here being "old". I could try to find the update where we allowed it if you'd like.

spitllama

Nah it's fine. Just clarifying that ninsheet did at least USED to be solely Nintendo.
Submissions Page

Shadoninja

Quote from: spitllama on December 25, 2011, 08:56:06 PMNah it's fine. Just clarifying that ninsheet did at least USED to be solely Nintendo.
yeah. I remember when we first did that there was a massive NinSchism and quite a few people left and created their own site or something.

Bespinben

"NinSchism" - that's almost better than "Ninmidimusic" :3
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

NintendoPianoGirl

Quote from: Winter on December 25, 2011, 08:19:17 PMWe accept all video game music, not just Nintendo music. Although we specialize in Nintendo music.. because it's better.

Your sure right on that one!! Nintendo music pwns all!! :D
I was basically raised by Nintendo.

WiiMan96

Site update:

• Changed status names. "Finished" is now "arranged" and "fulfilled" is now "uploaded" to prevent confusion.
  • Added the ability for arrangers to drop claimed requests and to advance requests from "in progress" to the "arranged" status.
  • Made some changes to layout to prevent the site looking silly on larger resolution screens.
  • Fixed some error detection in the register form that allowed the confirmation password to be different from the original.
  • To save table space, clicking on the piece name now takes you to the audio file, and clicking on the requester takes you to the relevant thread.

Also...

• Winter is now our spiffily-titled "Request Manager"! This means he'll be in charge of slowly adding those pesky unfulfilled requests from this thread onto the website and be able to mark arranged requests as uploaded after an update. Obviously this is a huge workload so I'm willing to add a second Request Manager. (if spitllama is interested, then congrats!)

So Winter, if you ever have a chance, feel free to log in and add some unfulfilled requests up there and let me know of which ones you've done so I can remove it from OP. You can add a new request from the sidebar.  :) I've got the in-progress and finished ones for now.

And if anyone knows of a requests that they have fulfilled and uploaded that is currently not on the Fulfilling the Requests site, please make a post with a list of them so this can be fixed accordingly (if at all possible, please include the link to the thread you got the request from to make our job easier!).

Have fun everyone!

Shadoninja

very nice. thank you for your hard work, wiiman.

do you have plans to make it so that when we advance a sheet that we don't go back to the "Unfulfilled" list? It's very frustrating to have to go back to "In Progress" every time.

also, I think Winter could mention the site in the news at the top to notify arrangers of it's existence.

WiiMan96

You're very welcome! :)

Yeah, I've found that quite annoying as well. There are plans to fix it (because seemingly doing ANYTHING on that page makes it revert back to unfulfilled) which involve not having the whole page reload when you click advance. With any luck it should be in the next update.   ;D