News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Random Facts Topic

Started by SuperFireKirby, August 10, 2009, 12:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

I knew only the first two of those.

Here's some about ants:
Ants never sleep.
Ants can carry more 500 times their body weight.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Gu4n

Peeing in the shower is good for the environment. Apparantly.

Davey

Quote from: Harvest on August 10, 2009, 06:04:15 PM
Quote from: GreekGeek on August 10, 2009, 05:36:07 PM50% of all men has had sexual contact with another guy in their youth.
Hahaha, incorrect.

Insecure.

Anyway, did you know that if you were to take every vein and artery in the average adult body and connect them it would be able to circulate the earth 3 times?

It's called the Alphabet because Alpha, Beta, (etc) is the begining of some greek or latin or some shit I don't know.

GreekGeek

Quote from: DaveyTheRebel on August 14, 2009, 10:21:07 AMIt's called the Alphabet because Alpha, Beta, (etc) is the begining of some greek or latin or some shit I don't know.

αλφα βηÏ,,α γαμμα δελÏ,,α ε ψιλον ζηÏ,,α ηÏ,,α θηÏ,,α ιοÏ,,α καππα λαμβπα μÏ... νÏ... ξι ο μικρον πι ρο σιγμα Ï,,αÏ... Ï... ψιλον φι χι ψι ω μεγα. Greek alphabet, lovely.

SuperFireKirby

Hefter Farm's Fruit at the Bottom Yogurt is PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED!!!!(Anyone get the reference?)

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Cobraroll

The chance of being hurt or damaged while riding a roller coaster is one ten thousandth of the chance of being hurt or damaged while queuing for it.

There are only four operating coasters in the world whose name begins with the letter Y.

95% of the roller coasters in China are "clones" of already existing coasters.

The "highest" coaster in the world is situated in Katmandu, Nepal, at almost 1600 metres above sea level.

There has only been one single wooden roller coaster featuring an inversion. The loop has since being removed.

There is only one full-circuit launched Inverted Coaster in the world (cred is awarded to anyone who can give me the name and location of this coaster).
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Gu4n

Quote from: Cobraroll on August 15, 2009, 02:10:38 PMThe chance of being hurt or damaged while riding a roller coaster is one ten thousandth of the chance of being hurt or damaged while queuing for it.

There are only four operating coasters in the world whose name begins with the letter Y.

95% of the roller coasters in China are "clones" of already existing coasters.

The "highest" coaster in the world is situated in Katmandu, Nepal, at almost 1600 metres above sea level.

There has only been one single wooden roller coaster featuring an inversion. The loop has since being removed.

There is only one full-circuit launched Inverted Coaster in the world (cred is awarded to anyone who can give me the name and location of this coaster).
Sorry for asking, but do you happen to like roller coasters?

Cobraroll

^I happen to love them. There's an entire enthusiast community for them out there (several, in fact), and I'm just an average member (OK, maybe slightly above, but not by much). My CoasterCount is around 20 somewhere, but I've spoken to people who've ridden more than 800.

Uhh... random facts:
- The Expedition Everest Coaster at Disney's Animal Kingdom is regarded as the most expensive roller coaster ever built, at $ 100,000,000. This is partially due to the fact that it runs inside a mountain, which also has a large animatronic yeti in it. The coaster, the yeti and the mountain does not touch each other, nor does their support structures.

- The record for most coasters in a single park is 17, set at Cedar Point in Ohio. The first coasters to reach 200, 300 and 400 feet were all built there.

- The fastest coasters on Earth, the so-called Strata Coasters use as much electric power every day as a small city.

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Cobraroll on August 15, 2009, 02:10:38 PMThe "highest" coaster in the world is situated in Katmandu, Nepal, at almost 1600 metres above sea level.
Don't you mean 16000 instead of 1600?

And also, my second favorite fact:

It would take 8 years, 3 months, 6 days, and 15 hours of screaming to heat a single 8 oz. cup of coffee.

Composer #40

Quote from:  WikipediaIn Nintendo's Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the R2-D2 can be seen on the music machine at the Bombchu Bowling Alley.

Can anyone confirm this? ???

It happens Every. Day!

Cobraroll

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 16, 2009, 05:27:51 PM
Quote from: Cobraroll on August 15, 2009, 02:10:38 PMThe "highest" coaster in the world is situated in Katmandu, Nepal, at almost 1600 metres above sea level.
Don't you mean 16000 instead of 1600?

As the tallest mountain on Earth is 8850 metres tall, no, I don't mean 16 000. 1600.  ;)

WiiMan96

PseudoMario16

About 4% of the world has red hair.
Only 2% of Americans have red hair.
Scotland has the highest percentage of people with red hair, at about 13%.
In 1600's and 1700's Germany, having red hair was a sure sign that you were a witch.
In ancient Greece, they believed gingers turned into vampires when they died.
The average redhead has 90,000 hairs, while the average brunette has 100,000 to 110,000, and the average blonde has 120,000 to 140,000.
Gingers have a lower threshold for pain (they can't take as much of it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

GreekGeek

a) All polar bears are left handed. 
b) If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
c) The human brain is 80% water.
d) In ancient Egypt, priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.   
e) The Hawaiian alphabet consists of only 12 letters.
f) No word in the English language rhymes with "MONTH." 
g) The longest one syllable word in the English language is "screeched".
h) The Dutch word with the most consequetive consonants is "angstschreeuw" meaning "yell of fear".
i) The word "democracy" is banned in online chat rooms in China.
j) A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.
k) The Earth experiences 50,000 earthquakes each year.
l) On average people fear spiders more than death.
m) Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks otherwise it will digest itself.

SuperFireKirby

that wierd pig fact reminded me of this one.

Humans and dolphins are the only animals that have sex for pleasure.