News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

UGCMaestro's "Virtuoso" Arrangements...

Started by steve182, August 11, 2009, 12:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve182

So first of all, I've been coming to this site for about 2 or so years, and I am very thankful for all the amazing user-uploaded sheets, and i enjoy playing very many of them!! in case you were wondering, http://www.youtube.com/user/steve07269...

I'm really not one to complain... and like... although i'm not really intending for this to be a complain but i guess it can be one.
so this user's "virtuoso" pieces... i've seen him "remix" the original mario song, the zelda theme, and the lost woods theme... and a few more i think. i can play these "non-virtuoso" pieces that were submitted to this site... but i was just wondering if anyone can actually play the virtuoso ones. i mean, it seems like in order to be talented enough to actually be able to play the virtuoso songs, you would have to be a concert player, and past the "video game" stage of music playing.

don't get me wrong, i love the sound of these pieces... but... it just seems like a HUGE kick in the pants when you can play the song, and then out of nowhere comes another version of the song that only adds hundreds of more notes, just so that the song is harder, and sounds "better". i put better in quotes because sometimes i think it makes the song just sound crowded, and not at all like it does originally. am i the only one thinking this? just makes me feel so amateur because i'm unable to play an insanely tough version of the song. you don't need 3-fingered chords for every quarter-note! BLAH

steve182

just realized i said his username wrong. which makes me look 100x cooler.
also if you're reading this, no hard feelings bro. you do an amazing job with the arrangments  :o

Gooch

This has basically been discussed in his submission topic. Just know that if it has been submitted, it has for good reason. There are many songs on site that aren't "Virtuoso" that many of us (including myself) cannot play, so, don't feel alone when you cannot play something. As for note crowding, also refer to his submission topic. Trust me, 6 or 7 pages of basically what you are stating now, and most all of it gets covered.

KefkaticFanatic

And then you go look at Rachmaninoff and are all sad because his music rapes you in the fingers.

me irl
[close]

MaestroUGC

Man, I seem to be appearing everywhere on this forum...and no hard feelings.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

KefkaticFanatic

I find it hilarious that this topic is basically saying that your arrangements being hard lowers this person's fragile and already low self esteem because they can't play them.

me irl
[close]

HugoMeister

Or that the music is pointless because nobody can play them.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

KefkaticFanatic

Sure you can.  It's not harder than some Rachmaninoff pieces I've seen.

me irl
[close]

HugoMeister

And how many casual pianists can play those eh?

Anyway, in the first post, steve only says he's wondering if anybody can actually play them, because he, as a casual pianist, cannot.

You don't have to roam our forums and troll everybody who has an opinion, or worse yet, has feelings.

Quote from: steve182 on August 11, 2009, 12:13:20 AMi put better in quotes because sometimes i think it makes the song just sound crowded, and not at all like it does originally. am i the only one thinking this?

I quite agree. Sorry Maestro, I just don't see these as "virtuoso". To me, its just the original with overuse of chords, octaves, and grace notes. Sure it sounds good (sometimes), but honestly, I think anybody could produce a similar product using a decent midi and basic music theory.

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

kotorfanboy

KefkaticFanatic

Hugo: Well of course they could, but he did it first, so he gets the glory.  End topic?

me irl
[close]

HugoMeister

Haha but if anyone could, then what glory is there? :P

KefkaticFanatic

A pretty good amount, considering that he's getting special treatment and nobody else is making stuff like him.

me irl
[close]

HugoMeister