UGCMaestro's "Virtuoso" Arrangements...

Started by steve182, August 11, 2009, 12:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

This is just going in circles...you either like my music or not.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nintendude73

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 12, 2009, 06:40:36 PMThis is just going in circles...you either like my music or not.
Agreed.

I don't see anything wrong with having a few songs on the site there are only playable by the very, very, almost too skilled, especially when they have a special label.  They're not ruining the site, they're not a blight on its image.  So what's the problem?

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

HugoMeister

I never said there was a problem. I merely said I agreed with Steve in saying that the 'virtuoso' can sometimes be too much.

k? :)

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Sir Awesomesauce

Although his pieces are "technically" playable, the people who are capable of playing Rachmaninoff-caliber pieces are generally not going to search the internet for virtuoso level video game arrangements. Maybe some people can prove me wrong by posting recordings of people playing these arrangements, but until then... meh...

Although... There is no reason at all these songs should be removed from the site. Not only do they hurt nobody, but a large group of members (myself included) enjoy listening to some of them.

Also, in putting these sheets up, NSM has inadventantly taken a step away from accurate arrangements and one towards enjoyable arrangements. If "virtuoso" sheets can go up, wouldn't it only be fair to let "jazzy remixes" go up also? So yeah.
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Nintendude73

Quote from: Sir Awesomesauce on August 15, 2009, 12:45:41 PMAlso, in putting these sheets up, NSM has inadvertently taken a step away from accurate arrangements and one towards enjoyable arrangements. If "virtuoso" sheets can go up, wouldn't it only be fair to let "jazzy remixes" go up also? So yeah.
I don't see why not, as long as there is already an accurate version on the site.

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

KefkaticFanatic

Though if we do start getting people making arrangements like the ones you see on Squaresound, we need to have a separate section for them.  But only if people really catch on to the idea.

me irl
[close]

Composer #40

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 15, 2009, 04:09:33 PMThough if we do start getting people making arrangements like the ones you see on Squaresound, we need to have a separate section for them.  But only if people really catch on to the idea.

I concur.

It happens Every. Day!

WiiMan96

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 15, 2009, 04:09:33 PMThough if we do start getting people making arrangements like the ones you see on Squaresound, we need to have a separate section for them.  But only if people really catch on to the idea.

I also agree.

steve182

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 11, 2009, 10:38:20 PMI find it hilarious that this topic is basically saying that your arrangements being hard lowers this person's fragile and already low self esteem because they can't play them.
dude thats pretty low. "lowers this person's fragile and already low self esteem because they can't play them"...
not only do you know nothing about me, but at least i have enough respect to not fight on the internet.
i was merely stating my opinion and got shit on for it. this is why i find forums pointless.

dahans

That's true. I think this thread is rather pointless. We neither need a seperate section for them nor we do need them. They are a great amplification imo. It's really interesting the virtuoso with the normal sheets. If you think that the piece is too easy just have a look at the virtuoso piece and try to imitate this style. Why not? We do not have to argue about this.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

ALPRAS

I think this topic its pointless. We dont need to create a topic just to see if Maestro's arrangements are hard to play. An arrangement is an arrangement, hard or easy. Also, it depends from person to person. For example, they aren't hard for me. I dont think they are "virtuoso" either.
Im not trying to criticize Maestro's work. I think his arr. are pretty cool. But I think we shouldn't separate every arrangement from the others before knowing everyone's musical skills...   

HugoMeister

Quote from: universe-X on October 04, 2009, 07:51:16 PMif you find them so pointless then get out! we don't need u here anyway.

and another thing, if you decide to change your mind and stay, you really want to

STAY AWAY FROM POSTS THAT ARE OVER A month OLD!!!!

Don't be a dick. We have enough of those thank you very much.

If I had mod powers this would be locked, but alas....

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever