News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Perfect Moments in Music

Started by Seeker, August 24, 2009, 06:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seeker

In this topic, you put those moments in music that make you shiver, shout, cry, or yell. Note that this is "moments." "The entire last movement of Beethoven's 9th" is not a moment.

So, off the top of my head, I'll start it off.
In the second movement of Beethoven's 3rd piano concerto http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YlU-z066Mc&feature=related
1:05 is glorious when the key changes like that. Suddenly gets all full after the two grace note things. It's like a pool of hope. Shut up about the bad analogy.

Again in the 4th movements of Beethoven's 9th. When the choir bursts in after the exhausting double fugue. More later, I have to go.

What's yours?
This is a signature.

MaestroUGC

A wonderful, yet in my view, superfluous thread.

this is a meant to be discussed in the Classical discussion thread...but seeing as how few people navigate to this side of the forum it seems otherwise.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Davey

Who the fuck are you to say what should be discussed where? That made you sound so pretentious. Jesus fuck.

Anyway, I really like any focus on the oboes in Holst's Jupiter of the Planets. Makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up, you know?

Nana1Popo2

oh god..... where should I start?  :o
so many songs...so many parts in those songs.....its just too long of a list....haha :D
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Seeker

This could include pop music as well. I had a few examples in mind, but can't recall them at the moment.

Okay, just listened to Jupiter for the first time. Koji Kondo totally ripped the Song of Storms from that. Anyway, definitely an amazing piece. Can't say I agree with you about the oboes in general though. *shrug*

This is a signature.

Davey

Quote from: Seeker on August 24, 2009, 07:34:49 PMThis could include pop music as well. I had a few examples in mind, but can't recall them at the moment.

Okay, just listened to Jupiter for the first time. Koji Kondo totally ripped the Song of Storms from that. Anyway, definitely an amazing piece. Can't say I agree with you about the oboes in general though. *shrug*

It was very quiet part. I'm not sure. And I'm going to have to go listen to the Song of Storms now to see if it's similar. To be honest I've never heard the Song of Storms.

Edit: It's not on the site, do you know where I could find a Mid or Mp3?

Davey

I have no sound on my computer. Do you know
Where I can find
A Mid
Or a Mp3

Seeker

http://vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/n64/index-classic.html
Search for "Windmill hut."

Don't know why I didn't include include this in the first post.
One word: vincero. Yes, I am referring to the ending of Nessun Dorma. Epic.
This is a signature.

dahans

There are millions of perfect moments in the history of music. Take Beethoven's 9th symphony, or Mozart's 40th Symphony or Super Mario Bros. by Koji Kondo. Unfortunately I don't have a favourite "moment".
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: DaveyTheRebel on August 24, 2009, 08:10:48 PMEdit: It's not on the site, do you know where I could find a Mid or Mp3?

It is on the site. It's called 'Windmill' and is under the Zelda: OoT section.

Davey

Well sorry, I guess I don't know the other name for "song of storms". I've never played all the way through OoT.

SirIngusBingus

GO DO THAT RIGHT NOW
But yeah, you learn the Song of Storms in a Windmill, so...

I love Baba O'Riley by The Who. When Roger Daltrey first comes in, it's so righteous that it can bring tears to my eyes.

SuperFireKirby

For me, different catagories of music have different moments of perfection.

In pop, the chorus of Leave Me Alone by Micheal Jackson is a perfect moment.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Brassman388