The Deku Trombonist's Arrangements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, August 28, 2009, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobraroll

Hmm... you might want to look through SMB2 Overworld once more. The repeat makes no sense.
Also, what is wrong with the one we already have on site? The same goes for the SMB Overworld theme. Your versions are good, but so are the ones we have, I'd say.

The other ones from SMB1/2 on site, however, desperately need attention. And you gave them that, and more. I've listened through them all (five in total), and you've done a marvellous job on them. Overworlds are good too, but I think the versions already on site are sufficent. But that's just my opinion, others might mean differently.

Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Brassman388

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on April 23, 2010, 02:49:09 PMEDIT: Could someone take a look at my arrangement of Freezeezy Peak? I'm not too confident with how it's turned out.

I could.

Edit: Here, I tried as much as a could to make it not look like a bunch of clutter.

http://www.mediafire.com/?i2hl0gne2y2

The Deku Trombonist

Thank's once again Brassman  :D.

As for the Mario stuff, I didn't really look at the arrangements on the site that closely before I started, but I did notice that on the site's SMB1 Overworld arrangement, the left hand is an octave to low. And as for the SMB2 Overworld, the unecessary L.H. octaves kinda put me off that one. But if you'd like me to just fix the formatting and leave the original arrangement as it is, I can do that too.

And thanks for picking up on the repeat error, I forgot to put the opening repeat in  :-[

Nintendude73

Dude, why are you so freaking good at this?  I try so hard to find things wrong with your arrangements and I never can. :(

The Deku Trombonist

Try harder perhaps? I'm not perfect.

Anyways, I was looking through PianoMan's arrangement of Athletic from SMB3, and something needs to be done with the measures 13-15 & likewise 17-18 to make them playable. Any ideas anyone?

SMB3 - Athletic

universe-X

Nothing wrong with it to me :-\ Well, the link you gave, anyways, if that's the one :P It's perfectly playable, but if you're looking for it to be more playable, no ideas come up...

The Deku Trombonist

There is something wrong; 2 notes played at the same time with a 13th between them.

universe-X

No, no, no; Notes like that are meant for the right hand to play the top note and the left hand to play the bottom note. During these kind of notes, there is nothing playing in the bass line, look again.

The Deku Trombonist

Oh, right, I get it now :-[ (I probably should learn to play the piano shouldn't I). I might make it a little bit more obvious then. Thanks U-X

universe-X

No probs. ;)

EDIT: Wait, when you say "Might make it a little bit more obvious then," does that mean you're gonna edit the bass line to play those treble notes? It would be a whole lot better and be a lot less confusing that way.

The Deku Trombonist

This is what I came up with.

[NES] Super Mario Bros. 3

universe-X

Perfect. Now could you please do something about the Overworld from SMB3? First of all, it sounds really boring to listen to. I'm pretty sure something can be done about this. Second, some of the notes from 16-17 are supposed to be in different octaves. Third... the MUS has some plucking bass playing in the bass part (wtf). And finally, the arrangement is by DoKoCo, but is put under G-Han's name (unless they're the same person, of course).

But, really, the song definitely can be more exciting without percussion. I know you can do it TDT ;)

The Deku Trombonist

I'll get there eventually. I should have all the SMB3 songs fixed up by tomorrow at least. And DoKoCo and G-Han are the same person.

Cobraroll

^Give measure 6 some 8va, and we're in business.

Great work.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.