The Deku Trombonist's Arrangements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, August 28, 2009, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

universe-X

Perfectly okay! I like the success that you got goin' here btw. :D It suits thee well.

Olimar12345

Quote from: olimar12345 on April 02, 2010, 09:42:07 AMin ur night comes, the last 3 measures dont sound right... ALPRAS's sounds more correct(in that area, that is)

this^^
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

In the original;
  • The violins play the fast notes with the 4-on-3 polyrhythm (which I've written in the right hand).
  • The piano plays chords on beats 1 & 3 (which are in the second layer in the right hand).
  • The piano also has a 3-on-2 polyrhythm bass line which I put in the left hand as crotchets (which works out the same as it's in 12/8).

I don't see what the problem is.

Brassman388

I've checked it myself, slowed it and everything. It's completely fine.

Edit: I've listened to Alpras' version and find his incorrect. Slow down Dt's version and you'll find that he's right.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Brassman388 on April 15, 2010, 11:50:44 PMI've checked it myself, slowed it and everything. It's completely fine.

Edit: I've listened to Alpras' version and find his incorrect. Slow down Dt's version and you'll find that he's right.

i did, ur right-my bad!  ::)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Brassman388

I'm not trying to ignorant or anything. It's just it sounds correct.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Brassman388 on April 17, 2010, 03:07:32 PMI'm not trying to ignorant or anything. It's just it sounds correct.

no, ur right. i went back and listened to it a few times. i was wrong. its cool tho

Brassman388

The Deku Trombonist

So I was messing around with slurs in Finale and then this happened. Just listen to the whole thing.

Super Mario Bros. - Ending WTF?

Olimar12345

well, thats perfictly normal... what did u do to it?

EDIT: oh, i bet that last slur is tha problem.

raymondbl

lol I almost died from laughing  ;D rofl.... I think you did a guitar slide or something... somehow, the last slur did that.... that was funny.  what if that had happened at a concert?  when you were playing piano, .... and....

The Deku Trombonist

Yeah, it's the last slur that did it. It's not like the song even needs slurs so I'm not really sure what I was doing there...  ::)

universe-X

lol, broken Finale record ftw. The sound of the instrument (supposedly piano :P)... if it had a... brighter, almost honky-tonk sound to it and a , then I could've discovered this weird iPod glitch when you change a MIDI-MP3 and then take the headphones out slightly, but alas.

Nice glitch find!

Cobraroll

I've looked through your Mario Kart 64 section again, and I have to say, you're truly a dedicated fan of that game.

Great work on including the famous "Loop 65" of Results #1! I had a laugh after I accidentally found the track on YouTube, and had to check your arrangement. Awesome!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

The Deku Trombonist

Yes, but on the soundtrack it plays after only 2 loops of the A section. ;) As for being a fan, I justed started on my 3 favourites and then momentum took hold and I ended up doing most of the soundtrack.

On a side note, I'm getting back into doing replacements thing again so check back once in a while to find some new stuff.

EDIT: Could someone take a look at my arrangement of Freezeezy Peak? I'm not too confident with how it's turned out.